Any other Pole Fitness Peeps?

Options
A couple of months ago I started doing Pole Fitness. I love it! I am in Pole 2 and we are prepping to go upside down and my god what a good arm/core workout! And I like it a lot too because I have back issues (L5 surgery back in April) and it doesn't bother me at all. Of course when we start going upside down I'll have to modify some but so far so good!
And the calorie burn for an hour is pretty good. I average about 350 for an hour and it to me is like doing circuit training because it's a good combination of cardio and strength together.
I even bought a pole soI can work out at home now. So I was wondering if anyone else does it and can recommend a good DVD (Not Carmen elctra's) or if you could share why you do/do not like it :)

Replies

• preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • corinh1
    Options
    Hi, I just started pole fitness last night and it is sooooo fun! I was trying to figure out how many calories are burned in an hour session, so very much appreciate you post. I think I will just put down 200 though because there was a lot of standing and observing involved :)
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love pole fitness! A great workout that is fun to do! I've had my own pole for home for about 4 years now and it is one of the best decisions I've made!
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Love watching :devil:
  • scarlet_afire
    Options
    Where did you two lovely ladies get your poles for the home? I really want to start doing pole fitness (maybe at a slightly lower weight before I go to any classes because...let's be real, the women there are insanely gorgeous and toned, esp. the ones who have done it for a while). It looks like so much fun though and what a great body weight workout!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME!! got one at home, LOVE IT!
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Been doing Pole for 4ish years, Aerial Hoop for 1 year, Silks, Pole Aria and other aerials for a few months on and off. I love it. Best workout for me for allover toning and calorie burn! There's a group of us on one of the disussionnboards if you can find it!

I've not got a home pole/ aerial rig as I really prefer working out with my girls and guys, so we're at the studio 4 or 5 times a week. There's nothing better than a good sessions of burn follwed by a brew, gossip and biscuits!!

if you're getting a home pole, I'd really recommend X Pole more than any other - they're the safest IMHO. Can't recommend any DVD's (I think althea has some out...) but YouTube tutorials are your friend if you cannot get to classes.

I would really recommend at least a few classes to get your technique down, and you never know who you're gonna meet!

Happy Poling!!

Ax
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    :) I pole, and I agree that X-pole is the best to go for! Ive been poleing for 2 years now, ans love it. Also do a little silks.
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pole for nearly 2 and a half years now and I couldn't imagine life without it! I have a pole at home too (treated myself after the first six months of going to classes) and so I try to get some practise in at least once a week.

I would recommend XPole too, probably one of the best around in terms of safe reliable equipment! :smile:

Come join the Pole Dancing Discussion Group, we're a friendly bunch, and feel free to add me as a friend if you like if you want any tips or have any questions! :smile:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Platinumstages.com is where I got my pole from. It's portable although right now it has a permanent home in my living room.

I have done some DVD's; I can climb, do inverts etc. and I am going to investigate taking classes with a friend next month to learn more.
  • SarahAllman91
    SarahAllman91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I do pole as well! I absolutely love it, even though I can barely move the next morning!! I have an 50mm X-pole, but it won't fit in my student house which sucks! Hopefully my house next year will have enough space! Happy poling! :)
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I am enthralled with pole fitness! It's so wonderful, not like going to the gym at all. Just did my first invert last week and I can't wait to try again this week!