STAYING TRUE 2 A BETTER U! WEEK ONE

Options

Replies

• jenny1ca
    jenny1ca Posts: 16
    Options
    Yay, I thought I had lost you all.
    My scale also didnt move this week at all. But I am trying to get into more exercise. Using weights and my big ball thing. And drinking more water.Tomorrow is riding day so lots of calories burned there.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Sorry I''ve been MIA...but..my week has been hell. My dad, 76 yrs old, was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that spread to his lymph node, to his spine and to his brain. Oh heres the icing on the cake...he still wants to smoke cigarettes. I had to put my foot down and told him if he continued, I will send him to a Senior citizens home or a nursing facility.
    I've missed 2 days of my workout...I had to do 2 today.

Hello to all newbies to the thread...stay positive and remember to Bring It Everyday !!!!!
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! Today diet-wise was a disaster for me. Even worked out in advance and earned myself >500 extra cals and still went over by 500, yikes! (On the upside, we went to this fantastic local restaurant for my fiance's birthday) Better tomorrow.

NYGoddess, I'm so sorry to hear about your father.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am never cheating that badly ever again!! ... I had Mexican with Matt last night, and seriously thought I was going to die my stomach hurt soo badly. It's amazing how eating well makes me feel better, and last night I felt sooo horrible. Even this morning I am sick from it...

So, back to it today!! It's going to be a hard week with two twelve hour shifts and such but I'll survive. I have this Mexican food to work off, so I will probably go and do Zumba tonight with some of my friends.

Hope each of you have a successful Sunday!
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    Hey all, I noticed that buffjess deactivated her account. Shall we keep this going?? Just curious what you ladies wanted to do!

Hope each of you are having a Wonderful Monday!
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what happened with the challenges, I would be down for continuing this if you guys are, I can always use the motivation...
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm down to continue as well.

Dunno if this is necessary but I NYGoddess77 would you mind heading the group. You are always such great motivation and have so many good things to say :) Als, I'm so sorry about your dad.
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    I am glad that you girls are for keeping this going! I was soo hoping that it would continue! Until NYGoddess replies, let's just keep it going here!

I saw a quote and thought of you all today...

"Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential." - John Maxwell

Reach your potential ladies, show the world what you got! Have a great night!
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA...but my dad was just diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and I have been stressed out. Thank Goodness for P90X....gets me to relax. We can Start our challenges tomorrow if you'd like since this day is almost threw. I hope everyone is sticking to drinking there 8+ glasses of water a day. What I do to make it easier is buy 1 Poland Spings sport bottle and drink a minimum of 2 bottles a day. I usually do 3 to 4...depends on the workouts you do. 1 sport bottle is equal to 4 glasses of water :smile:

Tomorrow's challenge will be to get a 50 minute workout in your day. Lets go for a Cardio workout tomorrow..you have to bring it people no slouching!!!!
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    I feel this thread will be very helpful to everyone. I would like to add another DAILY challenge. You must come to this thread and sort of clock in lol. List your caloric intake for each meal throughout the day. So for some that may be 3 times a day and others 5 times a day (this includes your snacks) You must stay committed if you want the results that you seek.
  • nicoled87
    nicoled87 Posts: 20
    Options
    NYGoddess, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad you are dealing with the stress in a very healthy way---you & your family are in my thoughts.

Thank you for taking over the group and keeping the challenges coming--I'm already motivated to go run in the morning and get my 50 minutes in!! :happy:
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone...I had 8 hours of sleep YAY..

BREAKFAST:
    1/2 cup Quaker Oats- Natural Granola & Honey Cereal
    1/2 cup Chocolate Cheerios
    FF Milk
    1/2 scoop Protein Powder
    16 oz Water

400 cals
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    NYGoddess, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad you are dealing with the stress in a very healthy way---you & your family are in my thoughts.

Thank you for taking over the group and keeping the challenges coming--I'm already motivated to go run in the morning and get my 50 minutes in!! :happy:

Thanks Nicole, well this thread is for anyone with and idea to help keep everyone accountable and motivated. I see todays challenge has not sunk in to people as of yet lol.
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    LUNCH

Turkey Sandwich: 98% FF Low Sodium Deli Turkey
    2 Laughing Cow Lite Swiss Wedges
    Raw Baby Spinach
    2 slices Arnold's Grains n More Double Protein Bread
    16oz Water
  • nicoled87
    nicoled87 Posts: 20
    Options
    Breakfast-72 calories (apple & coffee)
    Snack-91 calories (string cheese & blackberries)
    Lunch-405 calories (grilled chicken salad w/ FF ranch, deep fried mushrooms*yikes i know!*)
    Snack-0
    Dinner-740 calories (Subway veggie delite w/ cheese on wheat, brown rice & sunchips)
    Snack-60 calories (string cheese)

total of over 1300 calories today.
    Had an ok day as far as food--definitely could've done without the mushrooms & sunchips

Did good as far as exercise, though. Burned roughly 1000 calories:
    Played tennis for an hour and a half.
    Walked for an hour & 20 minutes.

All in all, it was a good day! Hope everyone had a great weekend and good Sunday...back to the grind tomorrow!
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    DINNER
    Grilled Salmon
    Steamed Asparagus, Snap Peas, Raw Baby Spinach
    383 cals

SNACK's
    P90X Recovery Formula
    Shakeology
    2 Kraft Low-fat Mozzerella Sticks

WORKOUT
    P90X - CardioX
    Yoga X

Calories consumed: 1793
    Calories Burned - 773
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    This weeks Challenge....will be to get a 50 minute workout daily, drink 64oz of water per day, and to make sure you eat enough calories throughout the day.
    Make sure to alternate your workouts between Cardio, Strength Training, Yoga etc...

I'm hoping everyone will come back to thread and start being held accountable and taking countrol of your weight loss journey.
    You have to decide to commit in order to succeed ! :happy:
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello Eveyone,
    This week's challenge sounds great. I didn't do soo good this weekend. Wasn't horrible, but def did not get a workout in. I was out of town and I will be again this coming weekend for my niece's 3rd b-day. So I really wanna do great this week and not miss any workouts to make sure I still get in at least 4 good workouts this week before I leave.
    Def need to drink more water. So I'm going to be shooting for 64 oz a day.
    Thanks for the challenges Chryl :)
    Gaby
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    Hello Eveyone,
    This week's challenge sounds great. I didn't do soo good this weekend. Wasn't horrible, but def did not get a workout in. I was out of town and I will be again this coming weekend for my niece's 3rd b-day. So I really wanna do great this week and not miss any workouts to make sure I still get in at least 4 good workouts this week before I leave.
    Def need to drink more water. So I'm going to be shooting for 64 oz a day.
    Thanks for the challenges Chryl :)
    Gaby

You're Welcome Gaby,
  • NYGoddess77
    Options
    Good evening Ladies, How is everyone doing with the weekly challenge? Has everyone been drinking at least 64oz a water a day?

BREAKFAST: 370 Cals ( 66 g carbs, 10g fat, 7g protein )

LUNCH: 325 Cals ( 43 carbs, 9 fat, 21 protein )

DINNER: 280 Cals ( 5 carbs, 9 fat, 47 protein )

SNACKS: 685 Cals ( 78 carbs, 23 fat, 52 protein )

TOTALS: 1660 cals
    DEFICIT: 570 cals

80 oz of water