chicken breast ideas

Options
SUNNY613
SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
im not that good of a cook...need ideas of what to do with chicken breast...

Replies

• welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What about chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a sauce my OH likes a cheese sauce but you could try BBQ as less calories.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love grilled Chicken breast in a marinated in Piri-piri sauce, or minted.
  • fay1958
    fay1958 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do a chicken breast wrapped in bacon and then put HP original bbq sauce (classic woodsmoke flavour) over the top and then put in oven for about half an hour. Can always grate some cheese over it too but adds loads of calories etc.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My favorite is BBQ grilled, but I also LOVE Mexican food, so I've been throwing chicken breasts in the crockpot in the morning, adding some salsa and letting it cook while I'm at work. When I get home it's ready to go and I either top a plate of mixed greens and veggies with it or I make fajitas.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
  • jojanssen2
    jojanssen2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix 1tsp each of honey and wholegrain mustard and paint onto three skinless breasts. Grill for 8 mins each side. Eat hot or cold. Keep well in the fridge and ready to be cut into a salad or shred with some satay sauce and have in a sandwich.
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is originally a wing recipe, but the sauce is so good I changed it for chicken breasts.

Ingredients
    4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast.
    1 tablespoon corn starch
    1-1/3 cups soy sauce
    1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine* (or other white wine)
    1/2 cup honey
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    2-3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce* (or other hot chili sauce); omit chili sauce altogether for mild, sweet wings
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut chicken wings into sections at their joints, discarding the tips. Arrange wing pieces in a single layer in baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. In separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, and cornstarch mixture. Pour sauce over chicken wings. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes; turning wings over in pan every 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in baking dish for 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools. With tongs, roll each wing in the sauce to coat it completely; place on platter and serve.

*Mirin cooking wine and Sriracha chili sauce are usually found in the Asian aisle of your grocery store.

Nutritional Information. For 2 wing sections (or one whole wing), 74 calories, 2.5g fat, 10.5g carbs, 8.1g sugars, 3.6g protein, 9g fiber; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 2 (or 1 point per wing section).
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My favorite is BBQ grilled, but I also LOVE Mexican food, so I've been throwing chicken breasts in the crockpot in the morning, adding some salsa and letting it cook while I'm at work. When I get home it's ready to go and I either top a plate of mixed greens and veggies with it or I make fajitas.

this
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Just bake it and season it with 0 calorie seasonings! Unless you need more calories for that day...then marinate it in something you love :)
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Cooking it in the crock pot is really easy and "quick". I add some spices and toss it in there.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pound out the chicken breast with a kitchen mallet (or something similar) on a cutting board. Cover both sides in wax paper. Get it nice and flat, 1/2 inch or so. then fry it in a skillet with olive oil / canola oil. Doesn't take much oil. I like to season it with garlic/pepper/italian seasoning or curry powder, cayenne pepper, and cracked black pepper. Once the first side browns, flip and finish.
  • EmmaHarvey1991
    EmmaHarvey1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im not sure where in the world you are but in the UK we have things called 'Maggie - So Juicy' and they are bags which provide a seasoning for you to use.

You place your chicken and desired veg into the provided bag, sprinkle on the seasoning (5kcals per 40g packet) tie loosely & place in the oven for 40minutes. I usually have this with rice or more veg and its lovely

x
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

+1 This website has GREAT chicken recipes and they are fairly easy and straightforward - check out the crockpot section also
  • lp91413
    lp91413 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 21Pontoon
    Options
    You can do anything you want, cut some slits in it and chuck spices on top it'll just absorb it, experiement with different spices for a less calorie heavy version of anything. I've had a lot of chicken with black pepper and garlic cut into it, topped with any sort of cheese because cheese is good and good for you in small doses :) x
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Place frozen chicken breasts into crock pot. Season with no salt (Mrs. Dash is my favorite) spices. Turn on low for 6-8 hours (depending on how many you put in at one time).

They come out tasted roasted:love: and make wonderful leftovers.
  • gerishane1
    gerishane1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do chicken breast with V8 juice, you put the chicken in frying pan and then pour v8 juice and cover and cook medium heat for about 30 minutes, about half way thru turn breast over. It is really delicious, I use the spicy v8 juice. it is a wonderul low calorie dinner with brocolli and some brown rice. Yum!
  • melnedder
    melnedder Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pepper lime chicken - best chicken ever! We make a bunch at a time - eat it plain, on salads, in fajita/tacos... so good!

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/pepper-lime-chicken/
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I cut it in strips, season with salt and lots of paprika and then saute it in a tiny bit of olive oil
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    or

Grilled Lemon Chicken
    *Calorie Friendly

1 garlic clove, peeled
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    ¼ teaspoon black pepper
    4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

With side of large knife, mash garlic with salt until it forms a paste.
    To make marinade, combine lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic paste, oregano, and
    pepper in large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken.
    Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag
    occasionally, at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
    Spray grill rack with non-stick spray. Preheat grill to medium.
    Remove chicken from marinade; Place chicken on grill rack and grill until cooked
    through, about 6 minutes per side. Serve sprinkled with parsley.