Pills?

Options
Does anyone use or recommend any sort of diet pills/fat burners/energy booster to aide their journey? Is that a crazy question to even ask?

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    And I'm placing the first bet that the diehards will be on this one soon, to save you of course :) lol....
  • NOMOREFAIL
    Options
    Hi bet (and hoping) you're right, BrotherBill! :)
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    you will find very few advocates here of any sort of diet pills or weight loss aides other than eathing healthy and exercising. if you do a search of the message boards you will find this question asked quite frequently with the answers your looking for :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Short answer: No (well, some people might because they're clueless but most of us don't, kincluding myself) and Yes.

Long answer: One of the major points of this journey is to develop a healthy relationship with food. That means figuring out your own brand of portion control, dealing with dining out, learning and developing new long term healthy(er) eating and activity habits, etc. If you need a little help in the calorie department, find time to exercise or rearrange your daily eating a bit. Taking pills is not a long term solution and for many people they can cause health issues. Don't do it!
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    Vitamins!!!!.... but I prefer liquid rather than pill form!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use or recommend any sort of diet pills/fat burners/energy booster to aide their journey? Is that a crazy question to even ask?

Im taking Multivits, fish oil, animo acids. Only started this week. All part of a strict diet.
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like my cayenne fruit caplets.... I have some that should be here tomorrow that are 2.5x strength, but hey...

There are studies that suggest it can help with weight loss, among other things.

Oh, and if your body isn't used to it, it can be rather hard core.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    And I'm placing the first bet that the diehards will be on this one soon, to save you of course :) lol....
    was just waiting in the shadows :wink:
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I fell for it when I was a lot younger and very neive about doctors and their motives.

Please, google phentermine induced pychosis and schizophrenia. The number of reported incidents is nowhere near the truth. The pharmacutical companies pay and do everything in their power to get it off the internet.

Just like cocaine causes people to be paranoid and super *****y at the least these diet pills work the same exact way. They are speed nothing more.

I would rather be chubby than crazy.
  • ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Good nutrition, exercise, and sleep should be the pill of choice. I used to think there was a supplement that would be an appetite suppressant. Nope. Not a crazy question at all, but wouldn't recommend a pill.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Short answer: No (well, some people might because they're clueless but most of us don't, kincluding myself) and Yes.

Long answer: One of the major points of this journey is to develop a healthy relationship with food. That means figuring out your own brand of portion control, dealing with dining out, learning and developing new long term healthy(er) eating and activity habits, etc. If you need a little help in the calorie department, find time to exercise or rearrange your daily eating a bit. Taking pills is not a long term solution and for many people they can cause health issues. Don't do it!

What this guy said.
  • NOMOREFAIL
    Options
    I fell for it when I was a lot younger and very neive about doctors and their motives.

Please, google phentermine induced pychosis and schizophrenia. The number of reported incidents is nowhere near the truth. The pharmacutical companies pay and do everything in their power to get it off the internet.

Just like cocaine causes people to be paranoid and super *****y at the least these diet pills work the same exact way. They are speed nothing more.

I would rather be chubby than crazy.

WOW! Scary! Thanks for the contribution. I totally agree with you!
  • bhprince
    bhprince Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is definitely a scary drug. When my doctor recommended I take it in May to lose weight for my wedding in July, I had no idea that it was going to affect me as much as it did. I couldn't sleep. I never felt like eating (some days I would eat as little as 400 calories). Because it is literally speed, I was always on the go and I felt like I couldn't stop. What's worse, I developed terrible anxiety, mood swings, and high blood pressure. Although I lost 20 pounds in less then 2 months (183 to 163 lbs), it was not healthy. The weight didn't stay off for more than a month after the wedding.

Any time I've tried to quickly lose weight through crazy soup diets, diet pills, etc., it's always come back just as quickly as I lost it. Everyone says it, and it's true...in order to truly lose weight and keep it off, you have to make a life change. I've been choosing fresh fruits (tangerines, apples, etc) and vegetables (celery & hummus, salads with balsamic dressing) instead of other foods I used to think I enjoyed (candy & chips). I really don't feel like I'm missing out any more because I'm substituting. The only supplement I take is melatonin, which helps regulate your sleeping pattern. If you get enough quality sleep, you should be able to lose weight more quickly than if you are not. This time I'm doing it right because I want to continue to be healthy for the rest of my life. You can do it, too. Remove one thing that is holding you back each week until you're comfortable choosing healthy foods (i.e.: french fries/sodas).
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I took Oxyelite for a while and I loved it. I dropped about 20 pounds fairly quickly two years ago. However...I gained it all back (poor diet choices).

I also quit it because I work in an office and attend alot of meetings...and I sweat ALOT with that stuff. No one wants to go to meetings with...wet armpits and a red face. lol

I decided to take a more "natural" approach. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

What this guy said.

I'm a woman...but thanks for the support anyway. :)