Help me pick a movie

Options

Replies

• RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    @Lalouse - i'd say The Hobbit movie is to the LOTR movies what the book is to the LOTR book, as in its abit more light hearted and open to younger audiences. Having said that I personally thought it was great and don't get the criticisms.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Cloudy With a chance of my balls?

Sorry, autocorrect. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs...yeah, that was it.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Since you're in the nice cushy, comfortable chairs, I would go with the one that is the longest. The Hobbit, I believe...
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Le Mis. Such a great story. Almost 3 hours long,though. Definitely take some tissue because it is amazing tale of love. Romantic love and the love that a parent has for a child.
  • whitesox56
    Options
    to the OP---

The Hobbit is good. If you liked the Lord of the Rings movies, it's pretty much the same thing. New journey, new characters :)

Django Unchained is a great movie, however it could probably be called very offensive LOL Lots of violence and un-PC languauge..

We are going to see Zero Dark Thirty and Gangster Squad on Sunday and I can't wait!!
  • bodypumpfan
    bodypumpfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hobbit
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I want to see all three so I would probably pick the one that will likely leave the theaters first to ensure not missing it. OR I would write all three titles on a strip of paper, fold them, put them in a cup and pick one.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Les Miz because I want to see that one!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I would probaby see either Le Mis or Zero Dark Thirty. I love a great musical, but Catherine Biglow's the Hurt Locker was amazing so I am interested to see how ZDT turns out.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want to see all of those, but so far I've only seen the Hobbit - which I would give a thumbs up! It was a fun ride!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any of those movies but I would have to say the Hobbit. Everyone I have talked to said it was a great movie. Most guys are always good for action movies and the Hobbit has a little of everything. I heard Zero Dark Thirty is good but I'm not seeing it because I don't think it was a real accurate portrayal of what really happened.

Anyway... Have a good time!
  • Alford96
    Options
    The Hobbit is ok, imo, not as goog as the LOTR movies but it is good. My husband, whom I didn't expect to enjoy it, did actually like it.

I really want to see Les Mis but seeing as its date night for you and hubs, I'd go with the Hobbitt. Les Mis might get you out of the mood :blushing:

Zero Dark Thirty is about the night BinLaden was killed, if I'm not mistaken. Not in my top 100 genre's for sure but if you like war movies, that would be a good option if you're both into it.

All in all, given the situation, I'd go with the Hobbitt, reasonably light hearted and very entertaining.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Zero dark thirty will be violent (The 20 year manhunt for Bin Laden ending with the Seal Team 6 event)

Les Mis, I'm an avid musical lover and dying to see it but, do I want to cry through the movie while I'm having dinner and going home to what will hopefully be a romantic evening? Hubs is the least excited about this one.

Hobbit, I'm a Tolkien fan, always have been. Hubs likes them too. I'm not overly concerned with critics since they're probably hardcore Tolkien fantatics who are just trying to find every fault in an interprestation.

I'm leaning towards Hobbit.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I don't think Zero Dark Thirty is much of a date movie... lol
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't know zero dark thirty
    Les Mis would have me in tears and NOT in the mood for nookie when I got home...
    I'm a totally nerd/geek (seriously...not quite as bad as the guys on Big Bang Theory, but ...well...not QUITE as bad...) So I would totally go for the Hobbit!!!

Enjoy not having to be quiet when you get home!!!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Zero dark thirty will be violent (The 20 year manhunt for Bin Laden ending with the Seal Team 6 event)

Les Mis, I'm an avid musical lover and dying to see it but, do I want to cry through the movie while I'm having dinner and going home to what will hopefully be a romantic evening? Hubs is the least excited about this one.

Hobbit, I'm a Tolkien fan, always have been. Hubs likes them too. I'm not overly concerned with critics since they're probably hardcore Tolkien fantatics who are just trying to find every fault in an interprestation.

I'm leaning towards Hobbit.

Yeah in this case avoid les mis, the themes of love, loss, unrequited love etc might not be the best idea.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i saw both Hobbit and Les Mis, they were both FANTASTIC! but it's Hobbit i would be willing to pay theater prices to see on the big screen a second time.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I don't want to see the Hobbit but either of those other two would be fun for me. Dine-in theatres are awesome!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    if the movie/dinner evening is hopefully ending with :blushing: (as you hinted) not sure any of those movies will help with the mood. but of the three the Hobbit will be the one to least likely depress your or feel gory.

Plus two of the dwarves are played by these guy.

Mitchell-aidan-turner-7916415-512-288.jpg

And

MV5BOTIxNjUzODU0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE2MzI4OA@@._V1._SX640_SY894_.jpg
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Magic Mike!