Diet to Lifestyle

Options
When did your "diet" become a lifestyle for you? When was it that it really became second nature to turn down all the "bad" foods and only reward yourself at a special occasion or every so often? I've been eating pretty much all junk for every one of my meals before I decided enough was enough and a week into it (I know it's not very long) I still have to remind myself that I can't have everything I see or want. So far though, the fruits have been replacing my snacks with much satisfaction. When did it all change for you?

Replies

• beckihadfield87
    Options
    I still find it hard - I think for me it is a long process and will be something I will always have to think about. I do still want to eat junk sometimes and the odd time I give in. I lost 45lbs last year and for some silly reason gave up in September, but then I quit smoking. I then decided to stop being silly and come back on MFP, where I have found it easier to think of logging food and choosing healthier option instead of the easy/quick/junk option as a lifestyle choice. The first time round, I found it easy in the first few months and then slowly harder, but this time I think it will be easier because I don't feel like I'm on a diet. Hope that makes sense!