What my boyfriend did to me!

Options

Replies

• clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    OP.... stop with your excuses. your boyfriend didnt do crap to you. You shoved the excess food into your piehole by choice. Stop making excuses, take action.

Good grief. I don't think she's really blaming him as much as coming up with a catchy title to explain how she gained weight being in a happy relationship.

Be nice and jog on.

Agreed! :smile:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    So he literally inserted all of those fats proteins and carbs into your mouth?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    then there's us who have never had a relationship T.T

Honey, you're only 18...plenty of time. :smile:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I hate when my boyfriend force feeds me.

Really? I love it when a guy force feeds me.

*giggles* ^^^THIS.

+1 hahahah
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When we are in love it seems we pay less attn to those calories. You truly are lucky he loves you regardless. I have over 100 to go as well so feel free to add me if you like
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Same situation my husband made me fat (not me i'd never do that!).

it comes down to his unhealthy eating habits rubbing off on me. Its hard, but now I get to watch him eat 7/8ths of a large pizza while i eat a chicken breast and salad. You can do it, hopefully he doesn't give you grief over changing your eating habits and hopefully you find the strength to resist all the crappy food he brings into the house.

good luck!
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Some of you need to calm down and learn how to take a joke.

This happened to me too in my last relationship. I think it's because we went out to eat a lot. Then when we broke up I lost it all and gained it all back...blahh :/
  • Jbella27
    Jbella27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. My boyfriend is skinny and can eat all he wants. This last year I've gained 25 lbs as a result. But I can get off so to the gym I go and as for eating all hours of the night, no. And I have note that i don't have to eat what he eats. Keep up the good work. You can get the weight off.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Happy relationship weight exists. I lost 50 on here and have gained back 25 since being with my BF. Trying to lose that 25 now and then some more....
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I kinda get cranky at this title...

meh, just a joke...get a sense of humor. :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    He didnt do it to you! Its genetics!

It's not genetics, it's eating too much.
    Oh I like you.

Best of luck :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Just because you're happy in a relationship doesn't mean you have to gain weight...if its that good, the sex would keep you fit :wink:
  • Tacosofinjustice
    Tacosofinjustice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I don't think she's really blaming him as much as coming up with a catchy title to explain how she gained weight being in a happy relationship.

Be nice and jog on.

Exactly. When you get comfortable with the person, you get lax on the attention to pay to little things. Unfortunately, those little things can lead to big problems. I don't really blame my husband for why I've gained a total of 80lbs over the last 6 years but being single makes you keep up appearances better to attract people. Another issue is, since he's skinny and has a crazy high metabolism, he can eat whatever and I started to eat what he eats and boom, Now I'm fat. I do blame him for bringing junk food, candy, and soda home with him. It's very hard to resist. I think he could be a little more considerate and help me by keep the temptation away from our house.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It can be the opposite. One of you needs to be a good influence. My boyfriend (now husband) smoked up to 2 packs a day when we met. Now he's a runner.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yikes! My first husband did the same thing to me. Being in a happy relationship can be tough on the waistline! Since you've been together 4 years now, you're probably out of the "honeymoon" phase, so it's time to get on track and focus on you. You can do it! I would advise clean eating, and a combination of strength training, and moderate cardio. Feel free to add me for support. Good luck!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I hate when my boyfriend force feeds me.

Really? I love it when a guy force feeds me.

how YOU doin?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    My husband is in the Army & during his 3 deployments I put on tons of weight due to lack of sleep, stress, horrible eating, & no exercise. Do I blame my husband or the Army? Nope cause I could've done more to lose weight & eat better while he was gone....I'm more mature now & can't turn back the hands of time but I now know that I'm important & I control what I do to my body. Don't put your weight gain on anyone else cause he didn't do it to you..you did it to yourself & love blinded you.
  • Jenne1979
    Jenne1979 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh man...I don't think the original poster was serious when she said her boyfriend did this to her....I think she was being humorous. Lay off....this is a support group people are here to be healthy and some of the *kitten* comments on here may make her think twice about returning to MFP!
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OP.... stop with your excuses. your boyfriend didnt do crap to you. You shoved the excess food into your piehole by choice. Stop making excuses, take action.

Be nice and jog on.

Agreed! :smile:

Woah! Not everyone on here is supportive, but at least some people understand.
    When there's only 60 characters a title, maybe "I'm in my first relationship ever, and being with him makes me very happy, and he used to buy me food to show how much he loved me, and then i looked in the mirror, and i thought, maybe it's time i start going on a diet. And i love him very much and i know it's not really his fault, but still. Drats." is a little too long.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    He didnt do it to you! Its genetics!

It's not genetics, it's eating too much.

Awesome answer!

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to send you a friend request...anyone that can stay calm when attacked is my kind of girl! :) If you chose to add me, I'll be looking and commenting on your workouts, not necessarily your food diary. For me the key is working out...just so you know. Best of luck either way!