Zumba for kinect

Options
I have the Zumba dvds, but its a pain in the batoot to keep switching disks an switching rooms for my dvd player. So I was thinking of getting it for the xbox. Anyone do it? Is it better than the dvds?

Replies

• Melli118_14
    Melli118_14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm wandering the same thing...
  • ImmerSonnig
    ImmerSonnig Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for Kinect and I really liked it. I did it a lot for a while, but it is still a video game. You can't just pick a workout, you have to unlock them by being really successful with the first 2 classes. I played on medium for a long time and then went to easy, because I just was not "mastering" the moves. Honestly, I did the same class so many times that I got bored. It was fun for a while though and it definitely got my heart rate up. I will go back to it, but I got the Michael Jackson Experience and the Black Eyed Peas for Kinect for Christmas. I love my dance games :love:
  • Tacosofinjustice
    Tacosofinjustice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I get quite a sweat worked up from Dance Central 1, 2, & 3. Haven't tried Zumba yet, I'll beg to get it on our tax return.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba Fitness Rush... it's the most advanced game for xbox yet. You can create customs classes using songs you want, or pick short, medium or long class and it randomizes the songs each time. I usually do a 5 song class including 1 low intensity warm up at the start and 1 low intensity cool down at the end. It burns approximately 450 calories in 30 minutes at a "4 star accuracy rating." The lower your accuracy the fewer calories you burn and vice versa.
  • Tacosofinjustice
    Tacosofinjustice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How often do you play? like 3-4 times a week or whenever you remember?
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I easily burn 600cals (measured with my hrm) plus in 60mins with Zumba Fitness Core . It doesn't seem like an hour because time goes by so quickly, I don't notice how much fun I am having.
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of crap cause I like to do Zumba Fitness Rush, but it's a big part of the 50 lbs I've lost, so far. I've never tried the dvds, so I can't comment on how they compare. That said, Rush has a five star rating system that lets you know how you're doing, and that appeals to the gamer in me. I'm not sure how much I trust the calorie measurements at the end of the class, though. I've done classes with with a heart monitor and always got a different measurement from the game, but you will burn calories, all the same. There's a pause between songs, but if you jog in place, do a little shadow boxing, or some jumping jacks you can keep your heart rate elevated.

When all is said and done, i've tried a couple different games and activities. My knees say I'm not built for running, I can think of lots more and better things to do with $50 than give it to 24hr fitness every month, and if I have to shake my *kitten* a little bit to make it shrink, then so be it.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for Kinect and I really liked it. I did it a lot for a while, but it is still a video game. You can't just pick a workout, you have to unlock them by being really successful with the first 2 classes. I played on medium for a long time and then went to easy, because I just was not "mastering" the moves. Honestly, I did the same class so many times that I got bored. It was fun for a while though and it definitely got my heart rate up. I will go back to it, but I got the Michael Jackson Experience and the Black Eyed Peas for Kinect for Christmas. I love my dance games :love:

What she said :) It's okay. But I'd way rather play Dance Central 3.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the DVD's but I have it for Kinect and LOVE it!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba Rush and admit it is my first experience with Zumba. I bought it to use when I don't feel like going to the gym. It is fun! I have done a medium length and short length and really like it. I am still learning the moves so my calorie burn is lower but i like how is rates how you are doing with the moves.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I love it for the kinect. Honestly i love anything For the kinect because you can get up and either workout or Play but either way you are getting some sort of workout and burn going so its cool.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness Core. I love it and have already played 2 classes today. You can pick single songs or do short classes, mid length classes, full classes or custom. I like that it tells you how many calories have been burned and it keeps track of all your progress. I haven't tried the DVD's so, I can't compare it to them.
  • Skellingtonx
    Skellingtonx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies and Gents looks like I will be purchasing it!