June Starters - April 19

Options
Happy Monday June Starters! Hope everyone had a great week.

Well I decided to switch things up a bit this week, and for good really. Although I am going to be sad to see the 40 lbs change on my ticker :sad: I have decided to start weigh in on Monday again. I find Mondays I am up from the weekend. By Wednesday I can get back down to the week before or less (and by Friday it is back down even further). But I think I am allowing myself some less than stellar habits on the weekend knowing I can get it back down by Wednesday. So here it goes, my Monday weight...

LW 147
CW 148.6

GW 135

Goal for exercise 150 minutes, 2.5 hours (how do you want that busymom?) Achieved 150 minutes, 2.5 hours.
My goal for next week is the same. I would like to do more, but I know I have a busy week ahead and not sure I can fit it in.

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I don't know about you guys but I'm already ready for the weekend.
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Good morning!

SW 182.4
    LW 136.2
    CW 135.4

I still haven't been exercising :embarassed: I swear, I have to get back into a routine.. I can't be going an entering a 0 in the spreadsheet! So my measly goal this week is to get back to the gym! Or at least some form of exercise!

Have a good week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all are enjoying this gorgeous weather (and that you have gorgeous weather haha). I start week 2 of c25k today, and it has been going great. It feels so good to get back out there and run...I had forgotten how enjoyable it was (minus the side-stitches).

This is my first week of exercise check-in, so here it is according to my hrm:

2hr 45 min, 2004 calories burned.

I'm pretty happy with that! Now if only I could lose those last few pesky pounds...now that I ate the last of my lemon cake (thank God) I can get back to my regular routine with eating. That cake was so tasty, but it def put a damper on my diet. But now it's goneeeeee :bigsmile:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Save :bigsmile:
  • yolie1220
    Options
    If anybody likes brownies (and who doesn't?) Trader Joe's has some amazing "Reduced Guilt, Fat-Free Brownies". I tried them the other day and they were so good and very moist. The only thing is, the directions say to use 3/4 cup of yogurt but it was more like 10 oz to get the right consistency in the mix. Anyway, just thought I would share :flowerforyou:
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    If anybody likes brownies (and who doesn't?) Trader Joe's has some amazing "Reduced Guilt, Fat-Free Brownies". I tried them the other day and they were so good and very moist. The only thing is, the directions say to use 3/4 cup of yogurt but it was more like 10 oz to get the right consistency in the mix. Anyway, just thought I would share :flowerforyou:

I made these yesterday. I thought it said 2/3 cup yogurt- it's what I used and had to mix a while to get the consistency right. I used a small ice cream scoop and made brownie cookies instead- they were moist and chewy and pretty good.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, ladies!! Hope your's went (is going) well :wink:

For those of you who pray, say a prayer for me... I feel myself sliding back into that old routine.... I think its awesome that I recognize it before it really swamps me... but it's still scary... I'm a little bumbed because my ankle still isn't healed enough to get back to a really, really good workout... It is VERY annoying... I can't even begin to tell you how aggrivating it is....
    But, I need to get my butt out of this house and walk, walk, walk.... AND just when I decide to do that... the weather changes cold and we get rain, rain, rain... SERIOUSLY!!! Who put some bad voodoo on me??!!! :laugh:
    Anyway, I'm wishing you guys much luck/blessing...whatever... this week :laugh: Enjoy it! Laugh, live!!! All the wonderful cliche's!!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I had the busiest weekend ever and then Sunday night I started getting sick. Wheather it was the stomach flu or food posioning I'm not sure. My bf wasn't feeling well but didn't get as sick as I did.

I'm going to skip weigh in this week. I still feel really crappy and haven't been brave enough to try real food yet. I don't want to show a huge loss just to gain next week.

I'm going to the Wings game tonight and then a b-day party tomorrow. I'm going to have to fit all my excercise in on Thurs and Fri.

I really wish I could've taken today off too. I'm so tired! Sadly our company is so small the only person who could cover for me is out with her daughter being sick.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    busymom... sorry you feel bad... I hope you are up and at 'em real soon.... Enjoy the Wings game... saw that on your facebook this morning :wink:

Happy Tuesday !!:drinker:
  • busymom74
    Options
    I can't wait for the wings game! It's gonna be so much fun! I just hope I can control my hunger if it kicks in before then...
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Bumping to save :tongue:
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    SW: 265
    LW 214.5
    TW: 213.75

Close to a pound- I'll take it.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great job Yellowhouse!!

Happy Wednesday June Starters. Feels weird not weighing in on Wednesdays. I weigh everyday though, so I guess I mean it feels weird not reporting it.
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. I had a great time at the game and went way over cals. Back to it today!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ugh.

SW: 303
    LW: (I don't remember what I weighed in at because I didn't log it.)
    CW: 283

Needless to say, really frustrated with myself/that number. Weigh in is a little late this week, with the new schedule (which turns out is only going to be this week and next monday/tuesday, he got back into the school on the provision that he goes on some sort of meds) I'm all mixed up. Food choices haven't been the best and I'm frustrated with that because my parents are actually making some effort too. Last night we had burgers but mom asked if it was okay and instead of saying no (and inconveniencing her) or making something else for myself I just shrugged and said whatever. Not a good choice.

This week I want to get into the gym again for, honestly, the first time in months. Preferably 1 hour tomorrow morning before work, and an hour on Friday before work. Saturdays I go down to the pizza shop and do run around a lot there. My goal is to not eat pizza but bring some spring mix (the salads there are made up of just iceberg lettuce) and carrots and have a big salad for lunch with some turkey meat. And a sub with lite mayo for supper, and apples for in between snacks when the smell of garlic knots gets to me. -_- ....... garlic knots......

On another note, I'm moving out of my parents house come September into an apartment with some roommates. Me, my friends Gin, Kevin, and Billy. Gin and Kevin are engaged. Since neither of the boys can cook Gin and I will be switching up days to fix dinners. (The boys will do the dishes, ha.) Gin has told me that she has "an asian based diet." To me that means a lot of CARBS via rice and noodles. Do any of you have some good asian themed recipes that are lower on the calorie scale?

And another note; I'm going to purchase either a Body Bug or a Go Wear Fit. They use the Bodybugg on biggest loser but it doesn't have sleep efficiency mode like Go Wear Fit does and I think part of my problem is not having very good sleep. So I'm leaning towards the GWF. When I get it I'm supposed to just wear it during normal activities first. So I'll wear it for a week without gym exercise so it can tune itself to my body.
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    You sound a lot happier this week Amanda! Glad things worked out with the little boy you take care of. I am happy to see your parents are finally trying to take you into consideration when preparing meals. Keep in mind there is nothing wrong with burgers, just try to stick to 1 or 1 and a half, and use vegetables to garnish if you like them that way. ( I use hot pepper rings and pickles to add some punch)

Good news about your apartment in September. I eat a ton of Asian based meals. Yes there is rice or noodles (I love rice noodles...yum) but usually it is served under tons of veggies and lean meat. The sauces can be packed full of sodium but they are still really healthy meals. I use the club house seasoning packages often, I just switch the vegetable oil they suggest with olive oil.

As for the body bug, I am totally jealous. I have no idea which is better I have no frame of reference, but it sounds like you have done a bunch of research so if the GWF sounds better for you then go for it. After you get it let us know what you think.
  • yolie1220
    Options
    I found a site very similar to this one but it's for pregnant women! It's called Babyfit.com and it has all the food and exercise logs. I'm better about what I eat now that I am logging food again :wink:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Thanks for the info momto4. And all the support. I definitely do have a better outlook this week despite discouraging numbers. It helps that I did something about it already by choosing a healthier lunch and then walking instead of driving somewhere. I'm getting back to actually making a change instead of just feeling sorry for myself.
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I found a site very similar to this one but it's for pregnant women! It's called Babyfit.com and it has all the food and exercise logs. I'm better about what I eat now that I am logging food again :wink:
    Thats awesome Yollie. I wish I had of taken advantage of resources like that when I was pregnant.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm a goof!!!! Forgot to weigh in this morning.... UGH!!!!!!