Replies

• meghadeath
    meghadeath Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yup was going to say the same thing!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    SOME OF US ARENT THAT LUCKY... because of my MUFFIN TOP I had to wear pants that were 2 or 3 sizes TOO BIG everywhere else..... THAT LOOKS A MESS!!!!

Then I guess it comes down to personal preference; baggy jeans or rolls sticking out the bottom of your shirt?
    Or, go to a tailor...or try a different fit...a different brand..There are options.

walk a mile in my shoes....... or my jeans... it isnt that simple for me... but you are a MFP certified expert so I will leave you to your one size fits all advice
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Key to immediately losing muffin top: WEAR PANTS THAT FIT. If that means going up a size, so be it.

Exactly this. Having a good seamstress is key for jeans.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    SOME OF US ARENT THAT LUCKY... because of my MUFFIN TOP I had to wear pants that were 2 or 3 sizes TOO BIG everywhere else..... THAT LOOKS A MESS!!!!

Then I guess it comes down to personal preference; baggy jeans or rolls sticking out the bottom of your shirt?
    Or, go to a tailor...or try a different fit...a different brand..There are options.

walk a mile in my shoes....... or my jeans... it isnt that simple for me... but you are a MFP certified expert so I will leave you to your one size fits all advice

What type of pants are you wearing? Do they stop at your hips or cover your belly button? The only time I've ever gotten a muffin top is when I tried wearing pants that insisted my waist was at my hips. Honestly, I'd rather wear baggy-in-the-leg-and-butt pants than have rolls of fat hanging over the waistband. It's damned difficult to find anything other than hip huggers because clothing companies think my waist is 6" below my belly button.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Key to immediately losing muffin top: WEAR PANTS THAT FIT. If that means going up a size, so be it.
    Truth!
  • HIITMe
    Options

What type of pants are you wearing? Do they stop at your hips or cover your belly button? The only time I've ever gotten a muffin top is when I tried wearing pants that insisted my waist was at my hips. Honestly, I'd rather wear baggy-in-the-leg-and-butt pants than have rolls of fat hanging over the waistband. It's damned difficult to find anything other than hip huggers because clothing companies think my waist is 6" below my belly button.

I have a tiny waist which is disproportionate to my hips... my muffins pop a lil higher than at my waistline ( Thank God for high waisted SPANX) ... I highly doubt I have the body type that you do so you wouldnt understand.... had the same problem at 125 lbs as I did at 205 lbs...... its not as simple as taking jeans to a tailor ( or fixing them myself since I do pretty well with a sewing machine)

I suppose its a matter of taste, but Id rather not wear jeans at all than to wear baggy legs,,,Id never have a problem with them being baggy in the butt (fortunately or not dpeneding on your perspective) ... I dont wear hip huggers or low riders.... Years ago The Gap made "reverse fit" which were the closest to perfection I ever found....
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options

My initial advice was to someone who said that she
    a. is not overweight
    b. does a lot of cardio and weight lifting
    c. finds her muffin top to be the most bothersome thing about her body

You popped in and tried to explain (totally unasked) why that doesn't apply to your situation, and now you're going to accuse me of giving out one-size-fits-all advice?
  • dmichelle100
    dmichelle100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have muffin top when I wear certain jeans (mostly pants from my 5-10 lb. lower weight days). Not wearing those anymore at the moment.

However, I don't have MT when I'm lounging around the house in yoga pants with a comfy wide band waist. That tells me yoga pants have stretch and are somewhat evil in terms of weight loss.

Sometimes I just sit around in those old jeans feeling uncomfortable, so I can realize the difference between comfort and reality..

I agree, muffin top really sucks.
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    I find that hip hugger style pants do this to me as well. Nothing worse than saggy butt. I wear belts, and now: Workout
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    80% diet and 20% exercise. Body weight resistance exercises, old school calisthenics has helped me. Jogging in place, jumping jacks, burpees, planks, etc.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

For most, yep!!
    BUT I have a muffin top whist naked (more than most need to know lol)
    It's getting smaller though! My frame isn't built for the weight I had and I guess it started to pour over? lol!!

I can hide it if I hike up my pants, but then my pants are to my belly button. I just wear long tops that aren't super fitted. Got to love the always-pregnant look! but that's why I'm here!
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    your pants are too small. The same advice for bikinis. I am a size 4-6 and 5'10" but I buy a large bottom so it looks super smooth on the sides.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I have had good results with Bodyweight exercises. I figure my body is a heavy weight... (Tongue-in-cheeck)
    Still have a little more to whittle... Might add actual heavy weights.

And wearing longer tops in the meantime.

Good luck.
  • FitbeTMF
    Options

For most, yep!!
    BUT I have a muffin top whist naked (more than most need to know lol)

Doesn't matter what size you are either. I have one as well even after baby weight is all gone. It's going nowhere whether I change my pants or not, unless I work hard.
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    I think it is out fit of clothes unless you literally have zero fat on your hips. I think that the curves look great in bigger pants but thats just personal preference for me. I always hear good things about free lifting and lifting heavy, I haven't tried that yet but I'll probably try that when I'm ready to lose that part. But remember not to hate it too much because everyone hates something aout their body but it could always be worse. Good luck
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

yep.. here too. I same issue.
  • HIITMe
    Options

My initial advice was to someone who said that she
    a. is not overweight
    b. does a lot of cardio and weight lifting
    c. finds her muffin top to be the most bothersome thing about her body

You popped in and tried to explain (totally unasked) why that doesn't apply to your situation, and now you're going to accuse me of giving out one-size-fits-all advice?

except you left out the fact that in your snarky ( as well as NOT asked for advice) you advised me to "Then I guess it comes down to personal preference; baggy jeans or rolls sticking out the bottom of your shirt?
    Or, go to a tailor...or try a different fit...a different brand..There are options. " so yeah, keep your one sized fits all advice as well as the snark that started this exchange
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    if you have muffin top you have more weight to lose. i always thought i had a permanent one ..that it was part of my body type. And when i lost all my weight once..it was gone. like out of there.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Right...by pointing out the wealth of options available, I'm obviously try to squeeze you in where you don't fit. My bad. :laugh:

And yes, I'm snarky; that's a feature, not a bug.
  • FitbeTMF
    Options
    I'm snarky too. Don't worry you're not alone.