What my boyfriend did to me!

Options

Replies

• EstiloPanama
    Options
    I was in a mentally/emotionally abusive relationship with my ex husband. He didn't let me work, go to college, or even volunteer. I had two kids with him back to back..(now 3 and 4) and I gained 100 pounds. It was horrible. I am in a wonderful, fulfilling relationship now and my fiance and I are working hard to eat healthier. We are working out and eating good and learning along the way. It's exciting to do that with someone who cares. He loves my curves, and loves me as I am "plus sized" but understands I want to lose weight for my personal goals of joining the military and police academy.

Don't give up, keep moving forward. Don't worry about the rude and snarky comments. You were brave to post here and explain your situation. Be my friend if you would like : )
  • pamiebarreto
    Options
    I put on weight after my marriage ended, does a little more than 1 ½ years, 8 months and I met someone else and now I'm engaged, I need to lose weight to feel good
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I gained my weight when my BF & I got together! I don't blame him, we just enjoyed spending our time together eating! And well, he's a dude with a fast metabolism and I shoulda known I couldn't eat like him...but hey, I gained the 50lbs, now I've lost almost 75, now we're engaged. Good trade I think :happy:
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel OP :flowerforyou: Been with my husband going on 4 years and I've put on 50lbs since we 1st met. He's skinny and has an awesome metabolism and I unfortunately don't LOL I don't blame him for the weight gain, but on occasion he's told me "oh you don't need to count the calories, you look great! Here have some pizza and beer" :drinker: I'm glad he loves me for who I am, but I made sure he knows its important to me that I want to become healthier; now we work together to try and eat better and take walks. It's hard to do it alone, especially if he's sitting there with a plate of fries and I have some granola or something not fried lol

Btw, I love how quick people are to attack OPs on this site. They're just sitting there looking for threads to misinterpret, threads that will give them a chance to show everyone how smart, witty and funny they are, but it also shows how ignorant, loud-mouthed and judgmental they are too :laugh: We have a very unique and diverse group of people on mfp :smile:

edit: forgot to add: feel free to friend me if you'd like
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I gained my weight when my BF & I got together! I don't blame him, we just enjoyed spending our time together eating! And well, he's a dude with a fast metabolism and I shoulda known I couldn't eat like him...but hey, I gained the 50lbs, now I've lost almost 75, now we're engaged. Good trade I think :happy:

Awesome! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    love is one of the greatest motivators.
  • Kissah
    Kissah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    He didnt do it to you! Its genetics!

It's not genetics, it's eating too much.

I would not say he did it to you but comfort did.... We all get comfortable in a relationship and stop trying but I always try and keep a state of mine that no matter what, I have to be healthy for me. I personally do not like how I feel not able to wear the cute dress or feeling fat. I also gained a lot of weight with my daughter when I was only 125 before I got pregnant and I noticed it changed me. It changed how I carried my self, how I interacted, my mood, energy and intimacy... I did not like it so I am on a quest to achieve my goal and feel my best this year... You just need to get strong, dedicated and a little selfish... Making "me" time and no matter what sticking with it and you will see your motivation will increase as you loose those pounds... You can do it girl... Do it for you first of all... No excuses!!!
  • OldDiggerMan
    Options
    What's important is not how you got there. It's what you do now and in the future to prevent it from happening again ;-) Great luck to you, to all of us.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    What's important is not how you got there. It's what you do now and in the future to prevent it from happening again ;-) Great luck to you, to all of us.
    Yes whats impotant is that you realized you need to make a change, No your boyfriend did not force feed you but you got comfortable in your relationship and sometimes we get lost. We are all on this website because it helps us. Ignore mean comments not everyone will agree with you and your choices so stay positive and do the damn thing!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I hear that miserable crack addicts generally don't have weight problems.
    What about happy crack addicts?

Aren't they models?

spits out drink
  • AleshaRae82
    AleshaRae82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Haha - I can completely relate to this post! My bf and I have been together 5+ years and when we first met I was at 150 lbs.
    Since my bf loves to cook he would always come up with the most delicious (but terrible for you) meals. Butter, Sauce and toppings were always present - but boy was it delicious. I can't blame him for my weight gain - I can only blame myself for eating well beyond a normal serving of it.

Look at me now 226lbs later - luckily he is on board with this lifestyle change that I initiated so we are both learning new "healty" ways to cook together. Such a great bonding experience - really helps to have someone close support and learn wth you.

This I am greatful for :)
  • gastonlake
    gastonlake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i agree that my boyfriend could help by not bringing the temptation into the house. Prior to him, I was successful by not having the junk food around and maintaining healthy eating habits. My boyfriend is trying to eat healthier but also is prone to late night eating of junk food and sweets. I'm finding myself preferring to not be around him in the evenings and, instead, retreating to a different room of the house. It's a catch 22 because I really do enjoy his presence, I just don't have the willpower to be with him while he's eating some of my favorite treats.

On the plus side, he is enjoying the freshly extracted vegetable juices I am a fan of and even makes them on his own for us from time to time. But, overall, it seemed like I was going more into his direction (nutritionally downhill) rather than the pulling him upwards towards mine. I love him and want to keep him around for a long time!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    yea, but mine was cause after a month and 6 day of being married. thank you prego weight :grumble:

baby just turned 3, and I still got 130+ to lose
  • Babesj18
    Options
    My husband actually looked at me and said "But your boobs might get smaller!" LOL
    I told him it's okay, they will look bigger if I have a smaller waist.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Lol how can you blame your BF for you getting lazy and fat.

that would be like me blaming my missus cause she filled the cupboards with junk food that I ended up eating, she never forced it down my throat hahaha brb gonna blame her.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this is an old thread. How you doin OP?
  • matthewsism
    Options
    OP.... stop with your excuses. your boyfriend didnt do crap to you. You shoved the excess food into your piehole by choice. Stop making excuses, take action.

Good grief. I don't think she's really blaming him as much as coming up with a catchy title to explain how she gained weight being in a happy relationship.

Be nice and jog on.

Yea, a lot of people don't get irony.
  • Cavy1234
    Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Both pictures are beautiful! If you'd like to get healthier so you can share more wonderful years with your special guy, this is the place to do it. Keep active, watch your portions, and continue to check-in here on MFP for support. :happy:
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    *raises hand REALLY high*

my profile pic is my before and after...before being smaller than now. :( I used this site religiously for 4 months and got to the left pic, and then gained it all +some back, and that is the pic on the right from this past weekend. WHen I saw it, and compared, I had a pity party for one, and then decided that this worked so well the first time I'd do it again!!! We're still together and he said he loves me no matter what, but I dont feel good about myself. He's supportive and loving. The reason I gained everything is because when we moved in together I adopted his eating habits. Pasta all the time, huge portions, late night snacking (eh...all DAY snacking). He's not my excuse, I know how I did this. lol.

So I'm back for real this time after a few half-assed attempted before. Taking accountability for it. :)

Good luck!!:heart: