Newbie from the UK!

Options
2»

Replies

• Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new here too and from the UK. Good Luck Hypno - you'll get there. I love Ben and Jerry's - it's not sad, it's gorgeous stuff. Don't they do a low-cal version?

To MonkandMonkster - your post really could have been me talking, I can empathise - I also had a problem with portion size but have found that eating slower and drinking water with meals helps a lot.

It's nice to know there are other Brits on here - nice to "meet" you all.
  • jugsy
    jugsy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm also from the uk..Liverpool. It's nice to see other uker's. I've been on here for a week and lost 7lbs since last tuesday (which i can't believe) i found it through the app on the iphone and am really excited about it, i think this might actually work this time now that i'm so motivated.
    I just wanted to wish everyone luck with their weigh loss journey. x:happy: :happy:
  • Funnydream
    Options
    Hi Jugsy.
    I found this thru the iphone app too - a friend showed me hers and I thought "Wow, this could really work for me". I just get a bit of a kick out of listing everything and walking/swimming to burn the calories. The best bit is the little message at the end of the day when you submit the day's food and it says - "If every day were like this, in 5 weeks you would weigh.....". That really buoys me up for the next day.
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Just in case others read this post again. For UK'ers why not go along to this post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89312-team-uk-april-2010
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site even though I'm not from the UK but Texas. :wink: Good luck with your endeavors. I've found the site incredibly helpful and hope you will as well.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Welcome - this site is fantastic and SO helpful!

I'm in the UK - I'm just outside of Thame on the Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire border....
  • SarahClaireB
    SarahClaireB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome

I am on my 2nd day and so far so good

I am also from the UK, Leicestershire

good luck x:happy:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved the UK...can't wait to go back on 'HOLIDAY" !

Love that Brit humor...!
  • davidtobin
    Options
    Hi from Norwich
  • monkandmonkster
    Options
    Hi Funnydream, it is hard isn't it. It doesn't help the situation that I eat VERY fast! lol. I am slowly changing my habits though... I don't like drinking loads of fluid while I eat as the enzymes in the stomach are not working as they should. I try not to drink half an hour before and after food.
  • Funnydream
    Options
    HaHa, Monk, me too. I blame my ex-husband - he was one of 5 and had to eat quick to get any food at all. I caught his habits I think. I am also trying to slow down too - but fact is I'm usually desperately hungry by the time I eat so go for it with great gusto!

Nice to meet you. Keep up the good work :-)