1200 and calorie cycling?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of debate on eating back exercise calories. I always eat mine back and have been very successful.

Use this instead of the 1200 calories that they literally assign everyone: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

mfp didnt assign me 1200, it assigned me almost 1400... it was my dr who said i could go as low as 1200 if i wanted to use a couple days as splurge days... so i do 1200 cals 28 days a month and up to 4000 cals 2 days a month, it averages out to just about 1400 cals a day at the end of the month... i like it because if i dont have an opportunity to splurge, then i just give up all together... i know me, and i have finally found what works for me after years and years of failed weight loss attempts!

Well, obviously the advice of a doctor trumps advice on an internet forum. ;) However, for those of us who haven't talked to a doctor, it is much safer to go with the higher calorie route.

yeah, well, i was harrassing my long time dr for some "speed" pills, and she always refused me... tole me i was not at a weight where she would risk my health on dangerous diet meds when i can just lose it myself. so i tried the suggested 1400ish calores a day that mfp suggested for about a month, and nothing, maybe 1 pound loss, i dont remember, so then i went back to my dr, begged for drugs again, and she was like, look... im not giving them to you, you can do this on your own... try this... so i tried it, and so far, its working fabulous!!!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    There is a lot of debate on eating back exercise calories. I always eat mine back and have been very successful.

Use this instead of the 1200 calories that they literally assign everyone: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

mfp didnt assign me 1200, it assigned me almost 1400... it was my dr who said i could go as low as 1200 if i wanted to use a couple days as splurge days... so i do 1200 cals 28 days a month and up to 4000 cals 2 days a month, it averages out to just about 1400 cals a day at the end of the month... i like it because if i dont have an opportunity to splurge, then i just give up all together... i know me, and i have finally found what works for me after years and years of failed weight loss attempts!

Well, obviously the advice of a doctor trumps advice on an internet forum. ;) However, for those of us who haven't talked to a doctor, it is much safer to go with the higher calorie route.

yeah, well, i was harrassing my long time dr for some "speed" pills, and she always refused me... tole me i was not at a weight where she would risk my health on dangerous diet meds when i can just lose it myself. so i tried the suggested 1400ish calores a day that mfp suggested for about a month, and nothing, maybe 1 pound loss, i dont remember, so then i went back to my dr, begged for drugs again, and she was like, look... im not giving them to you, you can do this on your own... try this... so i tried it, and so far, its working fabulous!!!

I am glad you found something that worked for you! I'm also glad you found a healthy way to do it that didn't involve pills! For me personally I did the 1200 cal MFP thing, was absolutely miserable, then upped cals on my own and started losing like crazy and was much happier! Then later I found the Road Map and it was like everything came together. I am losing every week eating 1800 calories and exercising. :)

We all got this, we just gotta be strong!
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am on between 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day, my weight has fallen off. Started at 247 lbs, now 166 lbs. Would be glad to share diet and training. Anyone can add me. Be Lucky :smile:

*Headdesk*

Haha i have same response
  • envbj77
    envbj77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    According to what I've read a healthy weight for my height is 107-141, so I am 10 pounds above the highest range. I'm doing my best to incorporate exercising in to my life. I've never exercised on a continuous basis so it's really hard to get going for me.

I'm planning on doing a 12 mile run with my hubby this spring, so I really need to drop more weight and really shape up.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm doing that. Or at least trying. I have one to two days of 1200. ANd then some days more. As of right now - it's working.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    what is calorie cycling?
  • serapi
    Options
    I'm doing that. Or at least trying. I have one to two days of 1200. ANd then some days more. As of right now - it's working.

wow you look great!
  • serapi
    Options
    I cant manage 1200 a day....im starving all day....i can do about 1400 and just have to go hard in the gym...trying to eat more protein to make me feel fuller longer

I cannot survive on anything less than 1750 cals a day. I lose weight on anything less than 1950 a day.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Bump