WW - Confused!

Options
I have been kindly given lots of information about weight watchers and following the 'classic' points plan. I have a cookbook at home which I was given a long long time ago and only ever used as a regular recipe book. Now I'd like to follow the ww points system, I'd like to know if the 123 Success plan (for which the book is designed) is the same as what people call the 'classic' or 'old' system?

Thank you! :)

Replies

• zumaetsunny
    Options
    I am not sure about the point but if you are looking for recipies go on www:skinnytaste.com you will find lots of recipes with ww points
    zumaetsunny :smile:
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's helpful thank you
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dont pay for something when there is always a free version. And youre on the free version. So.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anything called the "classic" plan, but I think 123 Success was an exchange program (not a points-counting program).

Regardless, the way WW calculates points changes pretty much with each new plan, so you need to make sure all your materials are called the same thing. There was Momentum, and then PointsPlus, and now 360, I think.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Nope, the new points plan does not work for any of the older cookbooks....Different points - you will gain weight if you use your points plus allocation with old points recipies...
    That's why I switched over to MFP - the old points was simple - new one's not so.....
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    If you like any recipe you find - wherever - the recipe builder app here is fantastic! Once you have those statistics, you can probably google how to convert that data into points. I lost weight on WW before and gained it back. I didn't have a good support system for after I lost the weight. I'm hoping this site will be much better with that. I like the website much better than WW online. And unfortunately, I didn't find my WW leader helpful. Whatever works though, go for it!! Stay away from processed foods (even the WW snack foods - what's in that stuff, anyway??) And good luck!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    WW adjust their plan every year or so. Evidently, the most recent change was pretty drastic. As such, it would require a bit of research to match your goals to your cookbook.

Go to WW for the meetings (or look into over eaters anonymous), but all of their systems are just ways of having proprietary information to sell. There is no reason to try to figure out their system on your own.