too FEW calories???

Options
My weight has been the same for the past maybe 3-4 weeks and it's driving me crazy because my wedding is in one month (besides gaining and loosing the same 1-2 pounds-probably water weight). Anyway right now my weight is about a pound heavier from my lowest on here (once again hoping it's from too much sodium, I went out to eat yesterday after church). For the past month I've pretty much logged all the food I've eaten, and have been either almost right on my calorie goal, or under (especially if I exercise a lot that day, i try to exercise at least 4 times a week, two of them being strength training). My BMR is like 1,443 calories a day (I'm 5'9"). Do any of you understand why I'm not loosing??? 132 seems to be like my road block and I really want to be at least under 130 for my wedding!! I don't want to eat fewer calories, do you think my problem is that I don't eat ENOUGH, should I be eating just as much as my BMR?? Please help!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A basic rule of thumb for "ideal" weight from a woman is 100 pounds at 5' tall and add 5 pounds per inch so at 5'9" "ideal" weight would be 145 pounds. Maybe instead of trying to loose more weight you could try some toning exercises.

What is you goal weight loss per week you entered into MFP, if it is at a pound or more per week try changing you goals to loose 0.5 pounds per week, this will give you more calories to eat which can fuel you metabolism. You may also what to increase the amount of weight lifting you do and you should see a difference, and you may not need to loose weight, just tone up.
  • sarahnikki
    Options
    i agree.. lift some light weights or use resistance bands to tone up.. you don't really need to lose, you just need some definition :)