Does anyone else...

Options
lose wight for their other halves???

Dont get me wrong...my fiance has no issue with my weight, and has never said anything, and never would!!!

But as well as doing it for myself, Im doing it because I want to lose weight for him so he is proud of me, and proud to have me by his side! :)

Replies

• EstiloPanama
    Options
    Interestingly, my fiance likes me 'bigger', that is his preference, but he loves me as I am and it's encouraging that he is helpful during my weight loss journey. He knows I want to lose weight for myself and my personal goals. If he were to tell me that I would look better if I lost weight, it would actually hurt my feelings. He just requests I don't lose my rear end, hehe. Well, no guarantees but I'll see what I can do : )
    I'm happy that he is proud to have me by his side even if I am my current weight. It's encouraging and comforting.
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dont get me wrong...my fiance is proud to have me by his side now.....I suppose its hard to explain...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are projecting your insecurities onto you fiancé.

That being said, there are many thing we look forward to doing as I get into better shape. Faster dances, longer hikes...
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think what you are saying is that you are making yourself better for you, Therefore you feel like you can be better for him.
  • Aspiring_Inferno
    Options
    Sounds to me that you want to be the woman he would want you to be if you were him with you by your side.
  • minders11
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. First and foremost I'm doing it for myself. My fiance has said time and time again that he loves me no matter what and doesn't care what size I am. He is amazingly supportive whether I'm stuffing a pizza in my face or counting calories and working out.

Though he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what, I do worry that some of his friends might judge me..so, one of my motivators is to lose weight so that I don't have to feel insecure when meeting with his friends, even if he doesn't. I find myself not wanting to go out as much, because I'm embarrassed by the weight I've gained, as a result he doesn't go out as much as he may want. Plus, I want to be healthy and around for him for a long time.
  • MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My husband has never made me feel anything but loved and he's supportive of my weight loss journey. Everytime he tells me that he's proud of me, it keeps me motivated. He is part of me, and I want to keep "us" healthy and happy for a long time. Who doesn't want to feel confident standing next to the person they love?

I think it's great if wanting to make your fiance proud is part of what motivates you, especially since you know that he loves you, regardless!
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    Nah, it's all for me mainly but also for my family, to be healthier for them. I would be lying though if I said it wasn't to impress my wife more. I know she loves me but she's HOT and so beautiful!! I want to keep up!! :D:D
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's all for me mainly but also for my family, to be healthier for them. I would be lying though if I said it wasn't to impress my wife more. I know she loves me but she's HOT and so beautiful!! I want to keep up!! :D:D

That's exactly what I mean...to impress!!!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I don't lose much weight in my calves
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Op: I know what you mean, I kinda feel the same way, hard to explain
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose my other half.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I don't lose much weight in my calves

honey.....do you need to borrow my hearing aid?

i've got two.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No matter my size my husband has always perceived me as small, so this is purely for my benefit . . . althought he does like it.
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Years ago my wife told me she was no longer attracted to me as my weight made me repulsive.....

I have not gotten over that one, and I need to if I am going to get healthier.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Nope. First time in my life I am getting fit for myself alone. But I get what you're saying.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

He's said he finds me attractive at every size, but at my heaviest, we had a LOT of contention and he found other women to talk to instead of me. So I guess I still equate my size to his behavior, which is all backwards, but whatcha gonna do...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Any of my fitness endevors have always been for me and me alone. It's a bonus he likes how I look

I truly don't think one can dedicate themselves as much as they should if it's for somebody else, and not totally for themselves.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I guess the closest thing I have to an "other half" would be my 2 daughters, so yes. I just want to be happy and healthy for their benefit, I like to think they need me around for a while :)