one pound snickers bar

Options
That is what I'm getting my little brother for his birthday. I am also going to get one for my sister's husband for his graduate school graduation present. I'm a little afraid she's going to be mad at me for getting him that, haha. She is the type of wife that will dump out half the milk and put coconut milk or almond breeze to fill the rest up without telling him. He told me she did that to him once--obviously he found out. He's pretty fit, though.

I'm considering buying one and sticking two candles in it. We're celebrating those on the same day. I do know my little brother will like it but he is working out every day. See, I asked the other day if he still eats candy and he said 'only chocolate' and snickers is his favorite.

I just worry about how hard sticking candles in one bar will be.

Maybe I'll get them each one. I need to find them by Saturday. I saw them last for $11 at CVS. On Amazon they're $25 each which is crazy.

No way.

I don't know if I'll buy them each or get one.

If one I'm sure it will be used like a cake, which I don't mind as in everyone will eat some.

But I kind of wanted it to be just for my brother to eat whenever he wants and just for my brother in law to eat whenever he wants.

I am rambling. I can't think of how this can be replied to.

But there is some giant candy out there, guys. GIANT.

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Would you eat it?
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had a giant reeses pb cup once. Each cup was bigger than a hockey puck. It was awesome!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i would like a chocolate above ground pool filled with peanut butter
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    :O I saw that.
    & the giant Reese's Cups.
    Took the willpower of many men to walk way from.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got my dad two half pound reeses cups for Christmas...he loved it.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Yes please. Anytime you combine chocolate and peanut butter I am all over it but since I am going Paleo, both are off limits. :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A 1 lb snicker bar! I am drooling at the thought.
  • theperksofbeingfit
    Options
    If he shares it, I'd have maybe a bite. But I really want to just see their faces when they open it. I'm planning on wrapping it!

Oh and at a movie premier I was at, there was a chocolate fountain. I screamed.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I buy the giant dark chocolate bars at Fresh and Easy but now I want a giant pb cup. *drooling*
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a 1lb Hersey bar. It took me a week to finish, and was worth every bite.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Use a skewer or something similar to make the holes for the candle.

Have a good Chef's knife available for cutting.

If you have just one shared with the whole family, everybody joins in the fun and nobody binges.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options

This must be heaven.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    3 words: Pimp your snacks. Google it.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I saw a 5lb Hershey Bar at Target during the holidays...it was awesome and no I didn't buy it but I sure wanted to!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I got my mom and my brother 1 pound reeses peanut butter cups for Christmas. They also had giant hershey bars.like the size of two ipads laid out end to end.
    crazy stuff. I found those at Sam's, but it was the first time I'd seen them there.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Snickers-Giant-Size-Slice-N-Share-Bar-1-lb-bar/21895574

Walmsrt sells them and it contains 9 servings per pack :bigsmile:
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If you want to stick candles in it, maybe you want to consider baking him a Snickers cake, instead.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Snickers-Cake-2750
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You should see the 5 lb gummy bear....
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Use a skewer or something similar to make the holes for the candle.

Have a good Chef's knife available for cutting.

If you have just one shared with the whole family, everybody joins in the fun and nobody binges.

Exactly my thoughts! Mmmmmm, just thinking about an enormous Snickers bar (minus the nougat)....
    Edited to add: a regular Snickers bar is 3 oz. so a 16-oz bar would really only serve 5 people, not 9 as suggested by the package. Also, while it IS big, unless the two guys are actually trying to lose weight or have asked not to receive sweets, it seems appropriate to get each guy his OWN bar. When I saw the measurements, they're not really THAT big, especially from a guy's point of view. And you're so right -- it would be awesome to see each one unwrap his (and not feel forced to share it)!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Where can you get those????