Fat doesn't make people fat

Options
124»

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    yeah, it only makes you fat if you let it in your body! lol!!! and then you just let it sit... well, you sit! lol!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like how people blame things external to them for being fat. Just look at YOU, and you will find the answer to why you are fat. It's nothing external to you.
    Food made me fat. Food is external to me. Until I eat it. Then it's internal. And then I can't see it. Now who do I blame for THAT!?

The source that caused it to go from external to internal.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    speaking of fat, my daily calorie intake under fat is 53, this was the recommendation and set up by fitness pal based on my information. The american heart association recommends no more than 30 grams of fat a day? Heart disease is the number one killer in america. I am a cardiovascular nurse and know that 53 grams is almost twice the recommended daily intake for fat. so please someone tell me how did fitness pal figure I should have this much fat. Or am I looking at something incorrectly. FYI I am trying to loose weight not gain it.

Are you sure that the limit is not 30 grams of SATURATED fat? There are good fats (avocados, olives, nuts, coconut oil, etc.) that are very beneficial and satiate the appetite. Even saturated fat in the form of good saturated fat (organic butter, for example--full of lots of good things) in moderation is good for the body. Besides, researchers have known for ages that eating cholesterol-laden food does NOT cause heart-disease.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    speaking of fat, my daily calorie intake under fat is 53, this was the recommendation and set up by fitness pal based on my information. The american heart association recommends no more than 30 grams of fat a day? Heart disease is the number one killer in america. I am a cardiovascular nurse and know that 53 grams is almost twice the recommended daily intake for fat. so please someone tell me how did fitness pal figure I should have this much fat. Or am I looking at something incorrectly. FYI I am trying to loose weight not gain it.

Are you sure that the limit is not 30 grams of SATURATED fat? There are good fats (avocados, olives, nuts, coconut oil, etc.) that are very beneficial and satiate the appetite. Even saturated fat in the form of good saturated fat (organic butter, for example--full of lots of good things) in moderation is good for the body. Besides, researchers have known for ages that eating cholesterol-laden food does NOT cause heart-disease.

Cholesterol in food and fat in food are different things. I believe the default setting in MFP is 15% of your daily calories from fat, and based on recommendations of the Institute of Medicine.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Worrying that you assume MFP is wrong and that you didn't double check.

"The American Heart Association's Nutrition Committee strongly advises these fat guidelines for healthy Americans over age 2:

Limit total fat intake to less than 25–35 percent of your total calories each day;
    Limit saturated fat intake to less than 7 percent of total daily calories;
    Limit trans fat intake to less than 1 percent of total daily calories;
    The remaining fat should come from sources of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats such as unsalted nuts and seeds, fish (especially oily fish, such as salmon, trout and herring, at least twice per week) and vegetable oils; and
    Limit cholesterol intake to less than 300 mg per day, for most people. If you have coronary heart disease or your LDL cholesterol level is 100 mg/dL or greater, limit your cholesterol intake to less than 200 milligrams a day.

For example, a sedentary female who is 31–50 years old needs about 2,000 calories each day. Therefore, she should consume less than 15 g saturated fat, less than 2 g trans fat and between 56 and 77 grams of total fat each day (with most fats coming from sources of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, such as fish, nuts, seeds and vegetable oils)."

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/PreventionTreatmentofHighCholesterol/Know-Your-Fats_UCM_305628_Article.jsp
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Oh so it's not face sitting and a*s stuffing that makes you fat then?

Bahahahah! Well, maybe. Although most gay men tend to be kinda fit.

Perhaps that is because they don't eat carbs after 6pm, just protein?

It's got to have something to do with excessive meat consumption.

There's no such thing as excessive meat consumption. :wink: :laugh:
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wonder how I lost all that weight on 70% carbs :-)

holy ****, how DID u do that?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Cholesterol in food and fat in food are different things. I believe the default setting in MFP is 15% of your daily calories from fat, and based on recommendations of the Institute of Medicine.

I think the medical establishment is all wet on the subject of fat. Our ancestors were quite thin and they ate about as much fat as we do. They were very active of course---they walked a lot and did heavy manual labor. But we do eat more calories than they did. And guess where those calories come from? You guessed it---carbs--specifically sugar. The average person eats 500 calories worth of sugar a day (it is in everything processed!). It is sugar that makes people lose control of their appetite.
  • CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hahaha nice.
    Trolling makes you fat
  • tikirm
    tikirm Posts: 3
    Options
    I am not sure what sort of fat they are indicating. I know what your saying there are good and bad fats. The column just says fat. the other column's say carbs, protein ,etc. I will stick with the good fat.:smile: