Forehead slap!!

Options
I have been tracking my meals for the past three days. I'm not gonna lie I'm still struggling with what I eat. But the last two days I've had a major wake up call. When I eat the sugary crap (ie. a slice of pie, some gummy worms or cookies) if sucks up my caloric budget like crazy and I'm freaking starving!!

I realized today that a. I need to eat more than 90 calories for breakfast and b. if I want to stay full on the limited calorie plan, I need to eat better foods! I know this is totally basic, but I think actually seeing it on the screen and feeling it in my body made it more clear.

I really feel like this is going to help me lose weight! I'm actually getting excited about this now! I don't think it'll be easy but it's not going to be impossible either. I just have to make better choices so I can eat more for less and stay full.

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I remember those head-slap moments! I still get them!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScgkFQEYixQfpDXnLQpIfcJB0k1wmyMu72La3mIxIShn8Pm3s7hA

It's definitely not impossible. I think the hard part is losing those bad habits and forming better healthier habits.
  • SondraJervis
    SondraJervis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem....except I was using all my calories on Coca Cola~!! you would be amazed the difference just from replacing that with water
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yoy got it!!! When you see those options right in front of you, in black and white, while you still have a chance to make the right choice, that's when the magic happens!! Keep logging, keep making the right choices and the weight will come off.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I remember those head-slap moments! I still get them!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScgkFQEYixQfpDXnLQpIfcJB0k1wmyMu72La3mIxIShn8Pm3s7hA

It's definitely not impossible. I think the hard part is losing those bad habits and forming better healthier habits.

Is that Daniel Jackson?
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. Seeing the results of what I eat in black and white on my screen has had a huge effect on my choices in what I eat. Also, I find myself hunting for food that won't scare me when I enter it into my food for the day. I hunt a lot at the grocery store, because I had regular foods that I always bought which are no longer going in my grocery cart!!!
  • eastcoastcoco
    eastcoastcoco Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started to follow the Paleo diet...well not completely-they would call it primal because I do have cheese occassionally. My first day I went over by 1300 calories! wowza! But as you get used to recording and keeping track you will be more conscious. I tend to allocate 300 calories per meal and snacks, it evens out through the day all doesn't leave me hungry. Also, drink tea! It will make you feel full, if you use a no calorie sweetener like Stevia your not adding calories and you're getting more water. Good luck!