NSV - and it's not even about me...

Options
So I started on mfp in the beginning of Dec., and my hubby would always watch me log everything into my dairy... Well he started to see what real portions are and the whole nine... He refuses to eat healthy, even with high cholesterol and bp.. Well last week he asked if I would portion his food so he could see if could eat less. He couldn't, so I told him that if he wanted me to he could just serve himself, I could weigh it and give him his totals of what he was eating... He agreed, then two days ago he came home and said that he could see why he wasn't losing weight and why he was on meds... He then asked me to help him to make healthier choices, but no veggies (small steps), Of course I said I would, then last night he came home and says proudly "babe, I signed up on that website of yours and guess what? I didn't go over on my calories". I literally cried... I am so happy that he is trying to take control of his health... I am a proud wife...

Replies

• EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    That is great, I love when we can inspire other people, it reminds me there are so many reasons that I am on this journey!

My proudest moment was when my 4 year old first started wanting to work out and eat helthy with mommy. She used to ask for salad for breakfast every day lol its her favorite food now! And seeing her do "exercises" makes my heart swell! I wish more of my adult family members would catch on as well...
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    That is awesome erhower...
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

My 3 kids and husband are working out with me also. The kids want me to weigh and measure their food because they see me do it all the time.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Awesome.

My 3 kids and husband are working out with me also. The kids want me to weigh and measure their food because they see me do it all the time.

Too cute... My babies are all grown up and gone now...
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    stepc that is great that your hubby is getting healthy by watching you

i got home from work yesterday and caught my husband doing his ab machine (he hadn't touched that thing in months) he is also eating healthier and asked me about food so he can build muscle as he doesn't need to lose weight made me so happy
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you!! My husband decided that if I could do this he would do it with me!! He is my BIGGEST supporter and I am so glad for that. Easier to do when you both are making healthy choices!! Give him a big hug and tell him all of us MFPer's are so proud of him!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I convinced the hubby to join MFP today. I don't know that he'll use it right away, but maybe when he does get in the mindset he needs it will already be there waiting for him.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Thanks sugboog and lizaredondo... It is an awesome feeling....
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!! And I do think that is an NSV for you, as well as him. :smile:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!
    Congratulations! How fantastic!
    edited to add: Now he's proven to himself that he can do it one day . . . that means he can lose just as much weight as he wants. Boom.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When my husband saw actual results in what I was doing, he asked me to set him up an account on MFP, which he hasn't logged into even once.... but.... he is making better choices and he certainly looks like he's lost a few pounds. When I'm in weight loss mode, I live and breath it... it becomes like an obsession. For him it's a much quieter process, so I just keep buying the right foods and steering him away from the junk that he loves so much!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    he is also eating healthier and asked me about food so he can build muscle as he doesn't need to lose weight made me so happy

I wish mine would realize he still needs to eat healthier in order to gain muscle! He thinks he can eat whatever he wants because he is trying to GAIN and not lose, but I told him that eating the right amount of the right stuff is what he needs to do to get the muscle he is trying to build...
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Thank you guys all so much. My hubbies Dr has been trying for ages for him to lose weight to no avail. Baby steps to victory I say.
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Be sure to remind him that what's important is macros and the calorie totals. I think a lot of ppl hate "dieting" because they think they have to eat foods they don't enjoy all the time. Take baby steps, focus on the calorie deficit, portion control and improving his macros without grossly modifying his diet and he might just thank you for it later...
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    that's so cute!!!!! when i started on here my husband said he would do it as long as i would do all the math and just serve him food. i did and then i would do things like give him a coke to go with his lunch, and he would tell me to put it away cause it wasnt worth the calories. I love it. he's lost 45 lbs :)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Be sure to remind him that what's important is macros and the calorie totals. I think a lot of ppl hate "dieting" because they think they have to eat foods they don't enjoy all the time. Take baby steps, focus on the calorie deficit, portion control and improving his macros without grossly modifying his diet and he might just thank you for it later...

I agree. I have helped him look up his BMR and tdee. I also set his macros and added sodium for him to track. He has been a little hungry and will if he is, but makes sure they fit in his daily intake.
  • _jkr
    _jkr Posts: 24
    Options
    That's great! I'm really hoping my boyfriend joins MFP as well.
    I've been telling him about my results and how I'm almost halfway to my goal weight. I'm hoping it makes him want to join here. Although he's been putting in a lot of effort to lose weight, MFP is very helpful!
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations!! Very happy for you both! Its great that what you did to make your lifestyle healthier was passed on to your husband! I wish you both all the very best! :)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop awesome NSV, go both of you...
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to BE the example!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!