Does anyone listen to music during their workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to metal, but lately I've been on a Die Antwoord kick.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Nothing keeps me going like awesome music; Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, Queensryche, AC/DC, Rush, the new Billy Talent, Atreyu, All That Remains, etc...
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There is everything from Motorhead to LL Cool J on my workout playlist...and I listen to it loud to drown out the grunters/screamers at the gym
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have a kind of eccentric mix on my iPhone! Depends on what I'm working, how hard I'm going & how hard I WANT to go (think from Dope to Depeche Mode, Hinder to Helloween, Lacuna Coil to Limp Bizkit, Muse to Megadeth, System of a Down to Sepultura, Tesla to Testament, even some classics from the late '60's & early 70's).

For the most part, Thrash and Speed are my muscle-building motivations which is what I'm most addicted to (music & muscle - lol!). I usually have it up so loud that EVERYTHING around me is blocked out & I have to take both buds out my ears to hear what someone is saying to me (I think most leave me alone as they think I'm a b*tch since I go to workout & not socialize, but I'm not paying them to talk, I'm paying the gym to workout!). Music is my life force - couldn't imagine a day without it as it's always been with me.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I listen to pandora, sometimes my own playlist, anything from rock to rap, to 80s...

More recently I've been using that time to start learning Korean. haha
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I listen to club/electronic or anything with a nice fast beat that is noticeable.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    punk punk and then more punk
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    DJ Assault, and lesser known Detroit Booty music, 80s metal, stuff with a fast beat. I only listen during cardio. When I lift weights, I just concentrate.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Music is of the devil...just sayin'....:devil:
    Anyway, I like....
    Wolfmother
    Puff Daddy
    Metallica
    Kanye West
    Fort Minor
    Avicii
    AC/DC
    LL Cool J
    Beastie Boys
    That's just a start....:smokin:
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    O yes!! I have to or no way I could stand to work out indoors...and I mix it up...depends on my mood..but outside...not so much....
  • Oklahoma_girl
    Options
    Lets see who's on there right now bob seger, Keri.. pretty girl rock, some weezer, punk, 80's rock and I end with Marvin's Lets get it on ....every time no matter if I change the whole play list... Lol
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have to listen to music to workout....Iove all upbeat feel good music.....some hip hop, some old school 80's rock, 70's soul anything....George Clinton "One Nation Under a Groove", We Got the Funk...etc, etc...:laugh:
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    IF u like Metal/alternative you would love my gym selection HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD best workout band EVER
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have ditched workouts before based purely on the fact that I've left my headphones at home! lol

I listen to hip hop, pop, rock, whatever 8tracks churns out for me! :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    What ever is playing at the gym; but most of the time I don't really "listen" to it. My thoughts and concentration are in my workout and the effort of lifting those darn weights.:devil:
  • Rynatat
    Options
    Music is of the devil...just sayin'....:devil:
    Anyway, I like....
    Wolfmother
    Puff Daddy
    Metallica
    Kanye West
    Fort Minor
    Avicii
    AC/DC
    LL Cool J
    Beastie Boys
    That's just a start....:smokin:

And I thought MY iPhone was eccentric!! lol! Althought I remembered I've got Usher on mine, too. Don't ask...
  • Rynatat
    Options
    Yes. I have similar thrash along with some classic rock, rap, Phish, real thrash metal, etc on my phone. I just start it on a shuffle and keep pausing\playing whenever I want to listen to it until some time comes along where I want to listen to specific songs.

Nice to know there are other Thrashers out there still! I was beginning to think I might be the last of a lost breed :wink: