What do you eat for lunch at work?

Options
So i go through phases ... i'll be good and make healthy sandwhiches/salads/fruit for lunch and then i'll get into pre-packaged Smart One's type meal mode.

I am currently in pre-packaged mode :yawn:

So let's here what you all eat for lunch at work so i can get some ideas and jump start my healthy make your own lunch mode again! Also, i'm not a left over person so that's not really an option for me since when i cook the night before or make something i make just enough for that moment in time.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! :drinker:

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I was going to post the same question. I'm bored with my packed lunches and want to stay low sodium, so many frozen meals aren't good. Any ideas would be helpful. I'm currently doing celery w PB, hummus and pita, string cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    BASx7dQCAAAhNwKjpglarge_zpscb53e3f1.jpg

Eat Some Sushi!
  • hope_csr_rpr
    Options
    Leftovers from fabulous low-cal dinners. That way you always know the nutritional counts. I always make extra portions to freeze as lunches. Works for us.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    600 cal bag of steamed edamame (don't be hating on soy), precooked frozen meats and canned veggies.

Sometimes I'll pop a can of salmon and some veggies.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Big salad and I add a can of tuna or chicken to it. Boring but easy. If I'm lazy I will buy some salmon sushi.
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I normally bring some slightly steamed veggies to heat up to go with a precooked black bean burger or a healthy sausage link of some kind. Or I'll make a big batch of some kind of whole grain pasta dish with meat and veggies in it and bring some all week.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So i go through phases ... i'll be good and make healthy sandwhiches/salads/fruit for lunch and then i'll get into pre-packaged Smart One's type meal mode.

I am currently in pre-packaged mode :yawn:

So let's here what you all eat for lunch at work so i can get some ideas and jump start my healthy make your own lunch mode again! Also, i'm not a left over person so that's not really an option for me since when i cook the night before or make something i make just enough for that moment in time.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! :drinker:

Sometimes I take leftovers from dinner last night, eg. today I had chicken curry

Other times I might get a fresh bread roll, some ham and salad and make a sandwich.

It might be a good idea to cook up a big pot of something you like and take it to work if you have a microwave you can heat it up.
    It should be something you'd be happy to have every day :) I like to do chilli con carne and bring that for lunch.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Soup or even the Soup in a Can is a good one and a bag of grab apples
  • monietrojan
    monietrojan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Homemade tuna is always good. You control what you put in it
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    roast beef with crunchy veggies (jicama, lettuce, peppers) on a high fiber tortilla
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love lettuce wraps with deli turkey & tomato, or lettuce with tuna little mayo, homemade Cobb salads, steamed vegies, leftovers to name a few.
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have no issue with leftovers, so I always make certain I make extra of a healthy dinner so both myself and hubby have lunch.

If I don't have leftovers, I love the Lean Cuisine Spa meals. I hardly add salt to anything else when I cook, so even though I'm unhappy with the amount of sodium in them, I figure I'm not really getting it anywhere else (and MFP usually tells me I'm under my limit)

Tuna or egg salad (make with Greek Yogurt for better nutritonal value than mayo) on wheat bread.
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I will cook a few chicken breasts. Then I chop them up and add them to a container that can be frozen then microwaved. I usually add veggies and starch like rice or noodles. Then I add different sauces like marinara, teriyaki, sriacha, or whatever sounds good. I pop them in the freezer and then on the workdays I bring them in. I pop the top and toss them in the microwave for 2 minutes or so. I bring these and a container of veggies and a cut up apple. It's like a Lean Cuisine without being a Lean Cuisine. (not that I won't grab a mac n cheese Smart One when I'm in a hurry) :laugh:
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I go for a chicken & salad wrap or sandwich & fruit. I take two snaks to work & always make one a fruit.
    Keeps the hunger pangs away for me & the calroies down.
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I always pack a lunch...Actually my girlfriend does..LOL..Mostly healthy choice dinners, protein bar and a yogurt. I'll purchase a fiber bar out of the vending machine a few times a week. I still drink a can of coke with my lunch..
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Campbell's to go soup pouches! They are so good and satisfying.
  • cheryl117
    Options
    Just started today and took the easy way out by eating a Lean Cusisne :smile:
  • eaglesgirl2012
    Options
    I make a homemade salad, put lettuce in a tupperware container then in snack sized zip loc bags (seperate bags) I put shredded parmesan,and croutons. Then mix it all up at lunch so its fresh. I measure everything out so I stay healthy and in my calorie range. Also string cheese and an apple for afternoon snacks
  • tutti777
    Options
    600 cal bag of steamed edamame (don't be hating on soy), precooked frozen meats and canned veggies.

Sometimes I'll pop a can of salmon and some veggies.

Love the already shelled edamame beans from WalMart. Makes a great meal and they are good for you.
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    homemade chicken salad: canned chicken, light mayo or avocado, veggies (i like onions and jalopenos), pepper....I mix a bunch up and then I portion it and bring it to work to put into a pita pocket with some yogurt and berries on the side or maybe some portioned out chips :) It makes enough to eat a few days in a row.