Columbus OHIO friends?

Options
Hello. I am back ---again (and hopefully for the last time). I will be 40 at the end of 2013 so I decided to make this year 40 and fabulous. I lost 65 lbs about 8-9 yrs ago (while having 2 children). I've gained 30 lb of it back :sad: I take full responsibility for it. I stopped tracking, counting and picked up drinking. I am looking for some friends, motivation and just plain friendship to keep me going. I usually stop after 2 weeks or so and just give up. I workout and drink my water so I have at least kept some good habits in place. Anyone interested? Friend me. :laugh:

and oh to warn everyone I am a MAJOR BON JOVI fan (if you couldn't tell by the name). So he is my inspiration at times, well the music at least:
thanks and hope to meet several of you.

Replies

• jillfuzz
    jillfuzz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're living parallel lives! I too live in Columbus (i'm 42), have two children and have been up and down in my weight for years! Tired of it...taking control back in 2013!!!! Tired of starting and stopping/gaining back....I want to lose 30-50 lbs......will see how I feel when I get to 30 and reassess. I need a manageable goal to work with for now....so I don't get overwhelmed and give up. So far, so good...I'm down 4 lbs.

PS: I'm obsessed with Nickelback. ;-)
  • ohiojovigirl
    Options
    ok i like nickelback. yay!

i am in the same boat. let me see when/if I lose 30 or 40 then i will decide about the rest. :smile:

congrats on the loss.
  • ClaireElaineDJ
    Options
    I have two kids, too. I gained 70lbs with my first, and 60 with my second. I lost about 25 pounds last spring, but got depressed and gained it all back, plus five. I'm getting very serious this time, and not wanting to back down. My first goal is to lose 4lbs in the next 2 weeks, 10 in the next month, and I'll take it step by reasonable step from there.

What is your plan?
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    I'm an hour from Columbus near Chillicothe! I gained a ton of weight w. my 3 kids but I'm done having babies. I'll be 31 in May and I'm ready to be smokin hot this year! So any of you ladies that would like to add me feel free I'm always good for a helpful encouraging word!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I live in the northeast corner of the state, but feel free to friend me anyway! I like Bon Jovi, wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but I can sing all their songs, lol. I am, however a HUGE Buckeyes fan.

I've lost 80 lbs so far, but I took a 4 month or so hiatus late last year and found a few of those pounds. But, I'm right back at it, determined not to go in reverse! The only way to fail is to quit, so find your mojo and let's get at it!!
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I stay in Gahanna. Good luck on your weight loss.
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kim. I am also in Columbus Ohio and I have 5 children and 6 step children. Only 7 at home at this time, the rest are grown and gone. I didn't have a problem gaining my weight from getting pregnant, as a matter of fact that was the only time in my life when I could eat everything and not gain a pound. However, after the kids were born I put on the weight. When I was pregant I would carry around a box of nutty bars everyday and not gain anything, now if I look at a box I gain 5 lbs. I also love the buckeyes. I just recently became employed at the OSU Medical Center so I need to get on board with taking care of myself so that I can better take care of other people. I need to lose about 50 lbs, I started a week ago and have lost 8 lbs so far.

Welcome to MFP and I would happy to be friends with you.
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bon Jovi fan :heart: I've been to 11 concerts over the years! We are MAJOR Buckeye fans :laugh: I live in Middletown, about 2 hours south of you. I have 60 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck on your weight loss journey :flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • ohiojovigirl
    Options
    my plan is to keep it off for good. the struggle to start and stay on track always gets me to stop.
  • ohiojovigirl
    Options
    yay! bon jovi is a GOD. not too far away from cubs. are you coming here in march to the concert?
    i have about 60lbs to lose if not more