went over my calories

Options
worst day ever i went too long with out eating because i didnt have any food until i got home. So when i did eat i over ate any advice?????:sad:

Replies

• mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :happy: Tomorrow is another day. Im sure you will do better..
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    worst day ever i went too long with out eating because i didnt have any food until i got home. So when i did eat i over ate any advice?????:sad:

dont stress about it. Exercise to offset the added calories if you have time. Otherwise, move on and do better tomorrow. You don't gain or lose weight based on one day's calorie intake. Say it with me "tomorrow is another day...."

You're doing just fine if you go over on your calories once in awhile. Just make sure it's only once in awhile.
  • divadame
    Options
    I did the same thing today, but when I went back and looked at the previous days where I had calories left over, it all kind of evened out. Can you exercise now? I have found some cool fitness videos free on demand and also on Roku. Or if you can even just go for a walk. It will make you feel better and help even out those calories. I'm just getting started on my weight loss, so am trying to figure it out. I think we have to be compassionate with ourselves and forgive ourselves and get back on track. I am on this message board to keep from continuing to overeat.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's cool, yo. Just try again tomorrow.
  • firstlady8
    firstlady8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY" Thanks all of you soooo much :embarassed:
  • clohara
    clohara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We all have our bad days. As long as we have more good days us han bad..... tomorrow is a new day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up!
  • kingneptune45
    kingneptune45 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No worries... remember this is a lifestyle change you are going to have bad days. But there is always tomorrow.
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    We all have our bad days. As long as we have more good days us han bad..... tomorrow is a new day.

Never thought of it like that. What a great thing to keep in mind! Thanks. :)
  • tennisgurlie
    tennisgurlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cleanse yourself by drinking a bottle of water and then get to bed.
  • eastcoastcoco
    eastcoastcoco Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I go over my calories, instead of sitting and watching tv, I stand and walk in place.

I agree with everyone else, tomorrow is another day...pack some snacks!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    In about 100 minutes is Friday. Then your back at 0.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When I go over my calories, instead of sitting and watching tv, I stand and walk in place.

I agree with everyone else, tomorrow is another day...pack some snacks!

While I agree with taking some moderate measures to balance out your calories, this approach *can* lead to binge/purge type thinking if you are too strict about it. If you can and want to work off some of the calories, go for it. But, if you can't- it will seriously be OK. You start fresh the next day. Losing weight is about a long-term deficit and one day can't throw you off by much, as long as it doesn't become a habit. Everybody has bad days. Just move on and try and plan a little better in the future.
  • firstlady8
    firstlady8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks already looking brighter :glasses:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I am over at least once a week. I rationalize it by saying it is safer for society if that one day I hv a drink and some yummy buttered popcorn. :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Just curious and would like to see your diary!
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Its easy to do....but don't beat yourself up. tomorrows another day. Reaffirm your commitment and start over. I have gone over two times this week, but have been under 5... Everyday is a new day!
  • dougs1215
    dougs1215 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: It's one day in a series of many. Cut yourself a break and just come back tomorrow back on track. You will quickly regain that confidence and feel better about what you are doing
  • KristysLosing
    Options

Start again tomorrow. One day isn't going to throw all your hard work out the window. Unless you start doing it everyday. :smile:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    As others said tomorrow is another day! The main thing is to learn from this - I always carry a protein bar and / or some almonds in my bag. That way I make sure I eat something and don't get to that "starving" time....it is also a great help when I go to the movies - I have something to munch on while every one else gets into their calorie laden treats