NSV - and it's not even about me...

Options
2»

Replies

• poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    great job for encouraging him. I have the same with my daughter. My husband however can eat whatever he wants and not gain any weight. He works a very physical job so he burns a lot. I have to watch what I say though because my daughter takes after my husband and is tall and lean. She'll tell me " mommy I want to eat healthy to lose weight because I want all my fat gone" I always tell her but you aren't fat and then she says " you aren't either mommy, you're my best mommy" Makes me proud and makes me wish that I saw what she does but I know that at my weight I am not healthy and I just want to be a great role model to her
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    AMEN and AMEN!!!!! Congrats to your husband! I have a dear friend whose husband made fun of her and acted like there was something wrong with her because she wanted to lose weight (he was prob 100 lbs over weight, and she prob 60 or so). She just hung in there quietly but it was decidedly un-fun. So one day he comes in and says he realizes that the extra weight is hurting him every day in every thing he does. Suddenly they are a team. Now, of course he lost forty pounds before you could turn around twice and hers doesn't come off that easily--but it is SO worth it to her anyway to see him feeling better. Now there is good-natured teasing all around, it's all become a game and several of their overweight adult children have also decided to 'take off a few'. Awesome snowball effect!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Way to set a good example and then encourage and help him.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone.... I am super proud of him for taking this first step.... I have always worried about him because his dr. has told him he needs to lose 60 or so pounds... He is young only 31, and I know that he needs this...

I am proud that he is taking these baby steps to victory... I love him and want us to be here for a very long time....
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm so proud of him!

It's amazing what kind of affect eating better can have on your loved ones. Since I've been home my mom has picked up on her "diet" again too - even though we eat almost the complete opposite!
  • troys1981
    troys1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awww..thats beautiful! Love it!
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful for both of you! My fiance did a similar thing and now we have our weight loss goal together to try to lose weight by our 10 year anniversary (May of this year). Good luck to you and your hubbie! those baby steps will become bigger steps in no time :smile:
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful outcome! I wish the both of you success!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! So glad for both of you!!
    Especially since I am sitting here, logging, eating my salad, will my husband had a burger and just finished off a bowl of ice cream!!
    > <
    O
  • bsmithmia
    bsmithmia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :smile: :happy: :bigsmile: that is definitely a NSV. Keep up the great work and inspiring others. I recently lost a close friend that had only weeks earlier found out he had high bp, was diabetic, and plaque built up in 3 out the 4 arteries (the widow maker) and was only 42. Really good to hear your husband is making the change just by seeing your sucess. The time is now to make the changes to become healthy and I wish you both the best of luck in 2013.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    :smile: :happy: :bigsmile: that is definitely a NSV. Keep up the great work and inspiring others. I recently lost a close friend that had only weeks earlier found out he had high bp, was diabetic, and plaque built up in 3 out the 4 arteries (the widow maker) and was only 42. Really good to hear your husband is making the change just by seeing your sucess. The time is now to make the changes to become healthy and I wish you both the best of luck in 2013.

I am really sorry about your friend.... This really touches me, because I lost my mother to obesity... I am overweight and will be damned if I leave my kids/grandkids due to my own doing...
  • Swethington00
    Options
    So I am not into the lingo... What is NSV and SMH?
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    That is an absolutely brilliant story!! I'm so proud of you for inspiring your husband and not pushing him but supporting him and for him knowing when he is ready! This gives me hope for my own husband - although Ive just managed to get 3 friends onto here who need it :D Good on you!!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful that you can get healthy together! What a supportive and loving wife to let him come to that on his own too...must have been hard as you are obviously worried about his health. Great NSV!
  • srworthy
    srworthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love your story!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    So I am not into the lingo... What is NSV and SMH?

NSV = non-scale victory ("yay I fit into my 'thin-pants' again!")
    SMH = shaking my head ("people think they can lose weight with the new miracle supplement... what a shame. smh")
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    nice!!!!
  • wisteri
    wisteri Posts: 14
    Options
    I teared up reading this. It's harder when you're on your own health journey not to see that your loved ones are killing themselves. My family has so many health problems but I can't tell if they are hereditary or from their unhealthy lifestyles. It makes me feel sick to see my sister's young children drinking sugary energy drinks. Hugs and good luck to you both.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    fantastic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!