Wanna Hike?

Options
Hello MFP Community,

I am looking for people in Southern California to go hiking with! Anyone interested?

Replies

• myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't live in your area but love to hike My suggestion would be to check out your local Sierra Club for organized hikes. It's a great way to find new trails and meet others that like to hike. The club will usually publish the difficulty level of the hike too so you know what you are getting into and can choose accordingly. Enjoy!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Where in So Cal? I am from Camarillo and LOVE hiking. :)
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    There is a 32 mile round trip (16 miles in and return) hike north of Ojai I've been looking to try to conquer again :smile:
    Last time I only made it 12 miles in before I had to turn around due to starting too late.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    There is a 32 mile round trip (16 miles in and return) hike north of Ojai I've been looking to try to conquer again :smile:
    Last time I only made it 12 miles in due to starting too late.

What hike is that? I've been hankering to visit the Punch Bowls myself lately.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    http://trails.sierraclub.org/trails/default.aspx?name=Sespe_Hot_Springs

The Sespe hot springs via the Sespe river trail. The first attempt, I didn't realize the Willett Hot Springs were along that same trail until someone told me about it on my way back. Was a bummer, it would have been nice to have stopped there.

I've been to the Punch Bowels as well a couple of times.
  • da1roo
    da1roo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thank you for the idea!!
  • da1roo
    da1roo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i live in simi, and to be honest, ive never been hiking. I just want to start.