i need a bigger variety...help?

Options
Living in a five person household where eating healthy is frowned upon makes it hard on me to cook meals & buy food when I get the "only you eat it only you buy it" speech

Lately I have just been eating
spinach
Carrot
Apples (not a big fan)
Frozen Weight Watchers creamy rigatoni w/ broccoli & chicken
Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage eggwhite croissant
Blueberry waffles
Boca burgers
Corn
Okra
eggs
Vosko yogurt
Whole grain oatmeal
Special k cereal
Organic soups
Whole wheat Thomas muffins
Tuna

Obv some of it isn't the greatest choice but im getting bored
what else can I get thats actually great cheap & easy?

Replies

• danielle887
    danielle887 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could make a family sized meal and just eat the left overs. I like chicken fajitas...chicken,onions,peppers, mushrooms, with whole wheat tortillas. some times i skip the tortillas and just eat the chicken and veggies in a bowl.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato
    Tofu (Chinese style)
    Beans and lentils
    Brown rice or wild rice
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Buy yourself some protein and make some protein pancakes by adding an egg per scoop. You prob. won't have to worry about anyone messing with it. lol Max Muscle has a great selection and flavors. Veggies from a wholesale store are priced pretty good. How about frozen items and in bulk so if they do eat some, you will still have a chance at having some left. Strawberries and blueberries are great for metabolic responses from the body. Good luck. That sucks about the negative attitude about eating healthy.
  • eena830
    eena830 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, frozen berries, turkey jerky, celery, fruit leather, hummus, veggie burgers, fish, salsa, broccoli, egg whites, whole wheat bread, greek yogurt, avacado. Just a few things in my home.
  • Swethington00
    Options
    I am addicted to frozen peaches. Eat them frozen fixes my sweet tooth. I eat a lot of light string cheese. PB2 is a powered peanut butter. it is great for dippeing apples and such.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com and www.emilybites.com. They are family-friendly, healthy and delicious meals on there. I cook from those sites 2-3 times per week.