What Is Everyone's Favourite Form Of Exersise?

Options
I personally tend to find it very boring to walk on a treadmill or take an exersise class. I was wondering what fun things people do to keep fit?! I like to go to the beach and swim with friends because it doesn't feel like such a boring chore. Thoughts on this?

Replies

• joel3736
    joel3736 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well I have always loved the bodybuilding style so I typically do resistance training but will include power and stability exercises from time to time for sports performance and core strength purposes. It's each to their own I suppose. Which is the beauty of being a personal trainer, I get to work with clients with different goals and different types of workouts that they enjoy.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Lifting.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Brockian Ultra-Cricket
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I dont like to execise at all, i would love to sit and watch tv all day. I do remember i liked being a size six, so i do it anyway. I cycle, pilates, weights, tae bo, doing videos. Probably why i can do them, they are on a tv. Lol. All cept the cycle.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I love to lift weights....LOVE IT! It PAINS me that i've been sick the last few days and have to take time off.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    clean and jerks.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Boxing. Zumba. Running and Sex.

I do a lot of the first two. The second one when the snow melts and/ or the temps are >0C... and the third... well lets just say I burn all my calories from the first three these days. LMAO
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like yoga!
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Sand Volleyball is a great one even in the winter.We have an indoor facility here in town so It's great. Softball in the Summer time.
    Hate the treadmill!!! Feel like a hampster...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hiking. I live in an area full of mountains, rivers, water falls, lakes, bluffs, shore line. It's cold and wet and muddy this time of year, but I still love it. (I don't love washing off my 100 pound yellow lab, after, but it burns an extra 100 calories)
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE riding my bike with my husband...it's just a matter of getting him to go along! :)

I also love working with my horse (about 90 miles away from me) when I'm able (we discovered that she's trained to trot when you jog while leading her! )
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Because I am a glutton for total body punishment, I love to hate doing Insanity.....I enjoy mixing in some days of lifting/strength exercises, and I fill the gaps with some runs on the elliptical trainer..........oh yeah, like our friend above, sex is always a fun calorie burner as well.
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I love love taking classes at my exercise studio. I know all of the ladies there, and they know me. I like going for social time, plus work out, plus the friendly (silent) competition with the women around me- ie, I see someone doing more reps, so I try to match them. I do boot camp, Zumba, Barre, plus several other strength and cardio classes. I've never been a gym rat before I joined this place!
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Running. Zoning out on the treadmill with my music in my ears and all of a sudden a whole hour is gone :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    TRX and hiking.
  • skillingsrobertj
    Options
    Try an indoor rowing machine !
    It's easy to do, uses mainly your legs when you have the form down right, and burns quite a few calories. It's a great workout for legs, abs, lower back, and arms.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I play roller derby. It's the greatest.
  • aryya
    aryya Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My true love is lifting weights. But playing squash, ultimate frisbee, basketball, and doing intervals are (to me) super fun, and great at burning calories ;)
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    Running! jogging outside always clears my head and makes me feel strong
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Surfing, biking, running, hiking, beach walking, kayaking. Luckily I live somewhere that it is possible to do these things. Fun exercise only for me!