"are you pregnant..."

Options
Facts: I am 167cm (about 5'5) and as at my last weigh in (Tuesday) I was 61.2kg (134.6 pounds). I know I'm not massive. I would just like to shift a little bit of weight. A kg or two would be nice. Particularly off my bum.

Anyway on to the story. Today I had a pedicure. Not something I usually do. But tomorrow is my hen's party so may as well - and my sister had given me a voucher for it so why not.

While the lady is painting my toenails she asked me "are you pregnant".

Erm. No. No I'm not. I didn't even think I was "fat".

Lady, you have a lot of balls asking me that when my foot is in a pretty good position to give you a kick in the head!

Sigh.

That's my non scale fail for the day. At least my toes are pretty.

Replies

• TexasDragon45
    Options
    lmao...that was a hilarious story, more so because by your pic, you don't look pregnant or fat.

You shoulda stuck your toes in her mouth, hahaha
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Maybe she just thought your were "glowing"?
  • moostrodamus
    Options
    I was walking down the street with a girlfriend once and i saw a pregnant lady...i said "Gee..there's someone who should lay off the beer!"

My girlfriend said " she's PREGNANT!"

"Shameful" i said, "she shouldn't be drinking beer".
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    She wasn't a reflexologist was she? I've been for a pedicure before and she knew I had a knee injury and the occasional back twinge. Maybe it was a premonition???
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't pregnant? :P
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started getting asked if I was pregnant about 20lbs ago. I have about 45lbs to lose now. I had some health issues so I wasn't able to really exercise much the past couple of years. When are people going to stop asking females if they're pregnant?!?
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options

smooth!:laugh:
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't get this ... if there is not a tiny person exiting your body DONT FRIGGIN ASK!!!! if you are uncertain why would you put yourself and the other person in such an awkward situation!!!... I had this asked to me once and I was at work (after already finding out some bad news) this woman said to me "are you ..... aren't you ...." *pointing at my belly* I said NO no I'm not!!!! and she said oh I'm terribley sorry that was rude ... all I wanted to do was run away and cry but couldn't.

I'm sure you don't look like your preggers theres probally just a chance that the owman picked up on the fact that you were excited about your hen party and getting married that you were literally glowing! if anything take it as a compliment
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I AM overweight and have been asked this. I simply laughed and replied "No I'm afraid I'm just fat" - think that made them feel pretty bad... lol

On the plus I'm hoping that it means I just have a belly as opposed to being super squishy all over :-)

& I also looked at your photos you don't look remotely pregnant or overweight! x
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    You all make me laugh! :-)
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This happened to me on new years day...to her defense, I was wearing a hoodie with a few things in the pockets. So I made the decision it was time after that.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options

smooth!:laugh:

Thats my middle name :glasses: