30 day shred-beginning 1/11/13

Options
So I keep hearing and reading about the 30 day shred and how awesome it is. I went and bought it this afternoon and I'm going to start it tomorrow! Anybody want to join me? I havelost 30+ pounds so far and I'm looking for something to get some toning and tightening happening!
Message me if interested!

Replies

• CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    I just started the 30DS this Tuesday past. We will finish just about the same time. I will join you :) This is my first time doing it as well.
  • strive60
    strive60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what is 30 day shed?
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS today. I was going to purchase the video but then I found the entire serious on Youtube. I went out yesterday and purchased weights, workout attire and a mat. I am looking forward the the remaining 29 days. :)
  • tolleirrigon
    Options
    Any more takers?
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've have 30 day shred and havent put it to use in a while. I will be more than happy to join.
  • SHAKIRA44
    SHAKIRA44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have completed Day 2 as of 3hrs ago.....this is my 2nd time around and it helps completing it as a challenge knowing others are struggling alongside you every day....don't give up - it's amazing how strong your body feels just after 5 days....it's not easy - you will have to continuously push yourself.

I'm in!
  • blubberbegone1976
    blubberbegone1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (10th) so I've done two sessions. I also just downloaded it from youtube. I have found it to be hard, but quick. I hate workouts videos which last 45-60 minutes and do it once and never again. With the 30 day shred workout, by the time I feel like I'm about to crash and burn, it's the cool down. After seeing some of the before and after shots on pinterest, I'm determined to do this every day. I will probably need to do a few rounds though to get to my goal weight/shape. 30 days does not equate to 30 lost kgs! hehe.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im in.
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How funny! I was going to start today and when I went to do it the room was being used (I work at a camp) and couldn't start...so tomorrow :) I have never actually finished it all :( So I'm in!
  • ks10210
    Options
    I am starting it today as well (1/11)! I have done it in the past but only for a week. Heading back to work this week after maternity leave so need to get back to working out :). Good luck everyone!
  • kitty_764
    Options
    I swear I was thinking about doing this yesterday!
    I don't want to fill my plate (no pun intended) with just starting to eat healthy AND tracking, then adding working out..I don't want to set myself up for failure.
    But I definately DO want to start this at some point.

Good luck!! Maybe you all could start a group to keep tabs, etc??
  • aknelson04
    aknelson04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in also. I made it to the second level last time. I plan on finishing this time!!
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Aww I'd love to join you all. I am new to MFP and I ordered the DVD last week.
    I am still waiting on it to arrive, I cant use youtube because the internet service is terrible where we live.

I will start as soon as it arrives, hopfully next week.
    Dont forget to take before photos!!
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started on Wednesday so I've done 2 days (my legs are HURTING this morning) so I'm IN :)

I've done the workout quite a few times before but only ever 1 day here and then. I think the most I did in a row was 2 days a few months ago - maybe I can beat my record today?!

I only have 2.3kg weights (5lbs) which are waaay too heavy for me to manage all of the exercises and I just can't do push ups but I seem to get through pretty much all of the other parts without stopping. How does everyone else find it?
  • jblubird
    jblubird Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm In! About to go do it now, yikes! Good luck everyone
  • cassiegal724
    cassiegal724 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 Day Shred. It was amazing! I'm definitely stronger now than at the start. Good luck everyone!! and have fun :)
  • lifeofsun
    lifeofsun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the 30SHRED, so far feeling great!
  • winniebago
    winniebago Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time yesterday with youtube. One or two points.
    I'm quite old (54) so worry a bit about damaging tendons; I'm already a bit stiff and achey around the neck and shoulders and don't want to make it worse, so am not too bothered if the weights I'm using aren't heavy enough. (mine are about 2.5lbs each) Don't want to end up like my old dad who can't raise his arms at all now!

Didn't feel too bad after session ended (have done couch-5k so not a complete newby to exercise) but knees almost gave out when climbing stairs a couple of hours later.

Best wishes to others doing this. Looking forward to next one. (I think!)
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ripped in 30- starting it tomorrow! I'll let you know what it is like.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see this!!! I just did D1L1! Well, minus the last 5 min... My dtr woke up to nurse.... LOL So glad there's others with me!!