Replies

• beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic! Nom nom nom.
  • matt_spencer
    matt_spencer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Neat spirits or spirits with a diet mixer are least calorific, wine next best, beer considerably worse and vodka redbulls worse than that. Baileys and the other cream based liqueors the worst.

But as a one off rather than a regular event the difference is marginal - drink what you enjoy and have a good time rather than drink something you don't like that's got marginally less, but still loads of calories.

Be aware that if you're eating less than you used to the booze will hit you harder than it did previously.

The worst thing is that a few drinks will erode your will power and tempt you towards pigging out, which is much worse than the calories in the drink themselves. Stay away from the peanuts and crisps, avoidf the kebab shop or chippie on the way home and resist the temptation for a fry up to cure the hangover the morning after !
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like MacAllan 18. Well worth the $150 for me
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Single malt scotch or red wine, what else.:huh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Single malt scotch or red wine, what else.:huh:

minus the red wine, that is a good list :D
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Jack Daniels diet, I find it hard to concentrate on things towards the end of the day though. ;)
  • MelBristol
    Options
    Clear spirit with diet mixer or red wine!:wink:
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Vodka + water (or diet 7up/sprite) with MIO.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Either treat it as a cheat day or fit it in your calorie requirements. If you are drinking moderately (it is work) then a great way is to alternate water in between drinks. It also helps avoid the hangover the next day as you stay hydrated. And if you find yourself needing to stay sober, then drink soda or tonic water with a lime so you look like you're still drinking.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I had a bottle of JW Blue Label King George V last month, was the tits.

Coquito's are pretty tasty too: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/coquito-2/ (though I'm usually too lazy for the egg business)

Caribou Lou's are my favorite for getting trashed, 2 parts 151, 1 part malibu, 5 parts pineapple juice
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    btw, i learned this the hard way: don't leave a ton of calories to make room for alcohol. you'll essentially be drinking on an empty stomach. i have no problem going over a little with my calories if i'm drinking.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    The best kind of drink is what YOU like! You're only having a few, so call it a cheat day. We all need them! If you're super concerned about going over on your calories, then do a little extra exercise earlier in the day, and eat lighter meals. And by lighter I mean 100 or so calories less than what you may usually eat. If you have yogurt with lunch, skip the yogurt. That'll be at least a vodka and cranberry. =P
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    When drinking alcohol it's best to have what you enjoy.

Mine depends on my mood.

champangne when it's available, cider when it's hot, red wine with a meal and vodka to get drunk.

Enjoy your party.
  • bbail016
    bbail016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would drink wine, but then again I always drink wine. A bottle at a time...so, maybe i'm not the one to ask =P
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    it's been shown on numerous websites...whiskey. Although other liquors are close. Tequila etc. However, some are low cal and also are better for additional diets i.e. sugar busters (avoid rums etc). So whiskey 69 cals per ounce. Red wine (other health benefits) 120 per 4-6 ounces. So more ounces of red wine per cals than whiskey, but more alcohol in whiskey per cals....so depends on your goal, get drunk or enjoy a drink.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    btw, i learned this the hard way: don't leave a ton of calories to make room for alcohol. you'll essentially be drinking on an empty stomach. i have no problem going over a little with my calories if i'm drinking.

Best advice on the thread so far.

Because it's work, watch how much you drink, but drink what you like. Personally, I find the mixers and "skinny" this and that taste nasty, and if I'm going to "cheat", I am going to enjoy it.

I'm a whisky drinker. One cube, sipped and savored. I also drink whiskey, but I like more ice when I do.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    drink whiskey
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I would drink wine, but then again I always drink wine. A bottle at a time...so, maybe i'm not the one to ask =P

:drinker: :laugh: :drinker:
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i drink vodka straight. cuts my calories by a whole bunch. sometimes ill add 5 cal cranberry juice