What was your motivation

Options
What was your motivation to lose weight. What do you use for motivation when you hit a plateau?

For me the motivation was 2 things, 1 the Dr said I had fatty liver diesease and this could kill me. (Huge motivator of course)
The real thing that kicked it off for me was I pushed my riding mower about 30 feet to hook it up to a battery charger. I was so out of breath I could hardly stand up. After 84+ lbs lost I now can bike 8 miles without a problem.

When I hit a plateau I just look at old pics of me. I dont wanna be "that guy" again.

Replies

• KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My motivation is:
    losing weight for my wedding on December. 2013
    My dad had a stroke last year, he also have diabetes and high blood pressure and was in the hospital for 3months
    & to be able to keep up with my niece and nephew.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My short-term motivation is to look and feel good for our family holiday in May 2013 we will be going to visit some theme parks and I want to feel comfortable (and fit) when participating with my children. In the long term just to up my exercise intensity, set small goals for myself in terms of fitness challenges, that sort of thing.
  • MzAries252
    MzAries252 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The biggest motivation for me is my baby.
  • NGM7492
    NGM7492 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    These are GREAT motivations, I want to see more.
  • zniwburd22
    Options
    skinny jeans!! skinny jeans!! skinny jeans!! and my thighs not to rub together!!!