Looking for active running friends

Options
Hey everyone!!
I am looking to find some running friends here. Especially long distance runners!!! Sorry sprinters, you guys are too fast for me :P (just kidding any runner is fine)

I would love to swap training ideas, meal plans, etc.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm still a relatively new runner, but I've gone through one round of half marathon training, run two half marathons in nov & dec last year..... and am currently in 'training' for a half again, but using it as a jump start on training for tribal quest..... on the docket this year, in addition to tribal quest, are a couple 5k's, a couple 10k's and another half marathon. :)
  • Juggernoobs
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I run on average 15-20 miles a week, around 7 miles runs, have run 17 miles for training and do half marathons....still try for speed though :P
  • runningwild00
    Options
    Thanks guys! I like to hear what other runners are doing. Anyone else feel free to friend me!
  • haggisinlondon
    haggisinlondon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I stopped running for a while but am back into it, doing the Strava challenge of 150 miles in January and so far got through 50 of them. Planning a half marathon in April.
  • Slimat30
    Slimat30 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm a marathon runner! Add me :) x
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Working for my second half. Coming back from a calf pull, so distances are lower.
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 half marathons but fell out of training for quite a while so am currently training for a 10k in May.. with varying results!
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, I usually run at least a 5k day so add me if you like

Cheers
    jonny
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been running about 2 1/2 years about to do my second half marathon in May. Have entered marathons twice but always lose my nerve as the day approaches. Add me if you want.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started running from scratch in may last year, ran lots of half marathon and beyond as training runs ( not a bib/medal collector) but training for my firsts marathon in Toronto this may. I'm not fast by any stretch, more motivated by completing the distance. Would love more running friends :-)
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am working on 13 races in 2013. Mostly 5k's so far, but will work up to a 10K by mid year. I have been running since Jan 2012.

Always love running friends.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Been running for over 9 years. Qualified for Boston this past fall. I love to talk about running. I'm passionate! :smile:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me but I will be "inactive" for a couple weeks come the end of January as I have to have a torn meniscus repaired. I have run a bunch of 5K (even placing in my age group a few times - but easy to do when you are older), ran a 10K, 1 half marathon, atttempted a second one not know I had a torn meniscus and had to wakl it....
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I run 3-4 times a week. I have been running for about 2 years. I have done a half, 20k and have relay/half/20k slated for this year.

I will vouch for Carsonruns. He is a wealth of great information:).
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Vouching for Carsonruns too! And when you see how much he runs, I find it a motivator to lace up those shoes!!

I've run one marathon and about 7 halfs in the last 13 months....and a butt load of 5k-10k-15ks...and all those silly training runs ;-) I'm not 'fast' but I'm dedicated. Feel free to add me.

Goal is to do another marathon this year.....
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Looks like you may have found a lot of friends!! I am also an Active Runner, I run about 25-30 miles a week and I am planning on running my first Marathon this year,
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new running friends! I just ran my second half marathon last weekend and have quite a few races lined up for the next few months. Hoping to add a marathon in 2014 :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    ooh feel free to add me! I love to run and long distances are my favourite! I've finished 2 marathons and 6 halves so far, have another half in 16 days and 2 marathons already scheduled for the year (and a couple more halves). I logged over 1500km last year (keep track because I'm running the equivalent distance of my home city to Marathon Greece before signing up for the Athens Marathon) Am always happy to share strategies and stories and am currently looking at fine tuning my nutrition to make it one more training element so that I can work on being faster - currently not fast, just determined!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm always interested in more runner friends.

2012 was my best year yet and I'm planning to train for my first ultra this fall!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I started running a year ago, running about 25 miles a week now, training for my second half in April.