Question about husbands music choice

Options

Replies

• AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Have you checked his Youtube search history yet?
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever does this. But here it is.

Just ask him about it. Do not confront him about it. Just ask. Open, honest, communication. If you are concerned tell him.

Sorry it isn't as cool as the talk shows, and it won't get you on daytime TV. But just ask.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Have you checked his Youtube search history yet?

Check his browsing history too before he orders Pink concert tickets..
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    <<Cranks up "Blow Me(One Last Kiss)" every time he hears it. I'm not proud.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify...I wasn't checking up on him. He ordered them off of Amazon (my debit card is on his account for ordering shows/movie that we stream through our blu-ray) and used my card to pay for them.

Unless he is rather dense (which is a possibility) would he have used your card to pay for them if they were for some nefarious reason?

If I wanted to get some CDs for my mistress then I certainly wouldn't use a joint account I had with my wife to pay for them. No self respecting lothario would be that shoddy.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify...I wasn't checking up on him. He ordered them off of Amazon (my debit card is on his account for ordering shows/movie that we stream through our blu-ray) and used my card to pay for them.

Unless he is rather dense (which is a possibility) would he have used your card to pay for them if they were for some nefarious reason?

If I wanted to get some CDs for my mistress then I certainly wouldn't use a joint account I had with my wife to pay for them. No self respecting lothario would be that shoddy.

Well he must be as he lied about it already
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    At face value, I'd have to agree that he was probably embarrassed. However, none of us know you or your husband or your relationship and it's none of our business either. Our opinions are only based on our own experiences and ideals.

Either have a chat with him to find out for sure or let it go.

Hey, it is my business.

The whole 'asking for an opinion on the internet' thing is a dead giveaway.

Anyway, at face value, I'd say the bloke was frustrated with his life and wanted to connect with his imagined younger self through music.

I do the same, Vera Lynn floats my boat nightly, don't tell the wife ;)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Well he must be as he lied about it already

My thought, too. He used his wife's card and knows she can see his purchases, but he lied anyway. Kinda dense to me.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    He lied. I'd want to know why.

Aw geez Patti!

It's a Pink CD! He's probably embarrassed because that isn't exactly "tough guy music." And you say it's not what he normally listens to, so he'd definitely feel embarrassed.

Relax. He bought some music.

OR he's using the sweet lyrics of Glitter In The Air to lure girls into backseat car sex. Which do you think is more likely?

i think you're onto something, Brett... Glitter In The Air makes my knickers drop EVERY TIME. kind of embarassing when it happens in public...

here's a question: why are married ppl not allowed to have anything that's their own? srsly, it's music. he didn't order a bunch of stuff from an adult site that you're not into or wasn't in your size... it's MUSIC. proportional responses, ppl, proportional responses.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Make a bonfire out of his clothes and key P!NK into his car, that'll learn him.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    here's a question: why are married ppl not allowed to have anything that's their own?.

They are. Just not sure why they have to lie about it.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be embarrassed about ordering P!nk cds as well....

You need to ask him otherwise the niggling doubt won't go away and will probably drive you nuts.

I'd never admit to ANYONE I purchased Pink CD's, ever. Probably a male ego thing, but why don't you just ask....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    So of course she'll be honest and tell him she started a thread on a website listing his choice of music selection and her suspicions...

Right?
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    So of course she'll be honest and tell him she started a thread on a website listing his choice of music selection and her suspicions...Right?

If he asks her.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    So of course she'll be honest and tell him she started a thread on a website listing his choice of music selection and her suspicions...

Right?

Ha ha........dude, you read my mind.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    here's a question: why are married ppl not allowed to have anything that's their own?

If they marry you then you own them.
  • myofibril
    Options
    here's a question: why are married ppl not allowed to have anything that's their own?.

They are. Just not sure why they have to lie about it.

Can you tell that to my wife please? Every time I say: "that's a nice dress / coat / pair of shoes / skirt / tiara / faberge egg, when did you get it?" she always says "ooooooh, this old thing? I've had it for ages. I got it in the sales"

Does she think I don't know what's in fashion this season? Well, I do! Women. The nerve of it....
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Can you tell that to my wife please?

Dear msf74's Wife,
    You don't have to lie about what you buy. It's YOUR money. If you want a new outfit, tell him you're going shopping for a new outfit. If your budget doesn't allow for it and you have to lie about the purchase, you probably shouldn't buy it.

Sincerely,
    perfectingpatti
  • myofibril
    Options
    Can you tell that to my wife please?

Dear msf74's Wife,
    You don't have to lie about what you buy. It's YOUR money. If you want a new outfit, tell him you're going shopping for a new outfit. If your budget doesn't allow for it and you have to lie about the purchase, you probably shouldn't buy it.

Sincerely,
    perfectingpatti

Hey that might work!

I'll ask her after she's finished listening to those new P!nk CDs she got in the post the other day. Funny though. She always downloads her music....wait....nope, the thought's gone.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be embarrassed about ordering P!nk cds as well....
    Nail, meet hammer.