No I didnt Cheat or Lie

Options
I had several messages from haters today about my weight loss these last 8 months. I was asked if I starved myself or what pills I used to lose weight. I used hardwork and proper nutrition thats all I did - really! :)

Everyone has to believe that losing weight can be fun if you use a great support team like we have here in Myfitnesspal. Additionally you must use a program you love doing!

Add me if I can help you lose weight or motivate/support your fitness goals!

Let the haters talk because they motivate me!! :)

Replies

• larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sherman - Sorry to hear about getting such negative messages from people. I guess that is just the way it is. Congrats on your successful journey to date. I agree with you that losing weight for me has been pretty straight-forward since joining MFP. Proper diet (e.g., eat no more than my daily target allows) and exercise to both shed additional lbs and get in better shape.
  • kimandgarybolton
    kimandgarybolton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Take no notice you'r doing fab :-)
    Love the fact you're helping others I find you an inspiration
    Kim
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well put my friend...

I get this ALL THE TIME!!

The top question I'm asked is "What's your secret?" LOL!!

The secret is HARD WORK and DISCIPLINE!! LOL!

Good work, sir! Keep grinding!
  • KIR3Y
    KIR3Y Posts: 2
    Options
    Lions don't lose sleep for the opinions of sheep. Let them haters hate.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to take the time to educate themselves on nutrition or do the hard work it takes to make a difference. They make up excuses why they cant lose fat or bulk up. They diet for 2 days and quit because they didn't lose 10lbs. It's just jealousy. You've done what they don't have the courage or ambition to do. Congratulations on your success!! :drinker:
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the incredible support, you have motivated me to do another 50 pushups! Boom!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I had several messages from haters today about my weight loss these last 8 months. I was asked if I starved myself or what pills I used to lose weight. I used hardwork and proper nutrition thats all I did - really! :)

Everyone has to believe that losing weight can be fun if you use a great support team like we have here in Myfitnesspal. Additionally you must use a program you love doing!

Add me if I can help you lose weight or motivate/support your fitness goals!

Let the haters talk because they motivate me!! :)
    and HOW much are your services and/or the product that you are peddling?
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, that's kind of rude.

Just ignore them... they're either jealous or ignorant (or both).

I think you look great! Keep it up! :)
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    Wow you have done an awesome job, ignore the haters and be proud!!!!!

I still have a long ways to go but as I have been losing between 2-5 lbs a week I keep getting negative comments...I don't know what they expect, seriously... I've gone from eating utter junk and sitting on my butt most of the time to eating clean and moving and moving and moving!!!
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sucess Lesley!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I had to put on my profile that I don't have any secrets to weight loss! What you see in my food and exercise diary is what I'm doing!

I think some people just don't want to believe that in order to lose weight they have to learn to control their diet and exercise. It really is that simple.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why they think its impossible to shed 36 lbs & gain muscle in 8 months. Its not like you did it in 3! Theyre crazy, dont waste your energy even explaining to ignorant haters. Congrats!
  • mommyof3j
    mommyof3j Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lions don't lose sleep for the opinions of sheep. Let them haters hate.

Well Said.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Additionally you must use a program you love doing!

Great job and great quote.

I'm going to try and post my results since August here this weekend. I wouldn't have guessed anyone would get that kind of reaction. Oh well, it's the internet.

I saw your success post earlier and noticed how similar it was to mine. I lost 30 pounds in the first 90 days and am now own 42 pounds in in about 155 days having lost 9 inches off my waist. I'm finally starting to hit a plateau but so be it as long as strength gains continue and waist trim contines.

I'm seeing the doctor next week and hope I get the same result of no longer being in danger of having to take medicine. Hopefully I will be out of all those "borderline" qualifications.

Keep up the great work.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the incredible support, you have motivated me to do another 50 pushups! Boom!

Great. How about these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8LgNuIJsA
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozDlHQry4KM
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgsmPQ1G0jg

Sorry but I have a torn labrum so i can't bench and have been figuring out fun, non-ordinary ways to work out my chest, lol.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Well, that's kind of rude.

Just ignore them... they're either jealous or ignorant (or both).

I think you look great! Keep it up! :)

was just thinking the same thing.
  • mikebowers27
    Options
    But did you cheat AND lie? Jk

Dont let peeps get your riled up. Haters are going to....
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Always shake off the haters!!! Be proud of everything you've done. This was never about anyone but YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate brah. well done!!!
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    However you did it, it was apparently the right way for YOU! Congrats, and screw them
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!