Zumba Question

Options
I don't see zumba in the excersie database? I was just wanting to try it and curious how many calories to expect to burn off but just can't find it...

Replies

• landgrimtham1977
    Options
    I don't see zumba in the excersie database? I was just wanting to try it and curious how many calories to expect to burn off but just can't find it...

hi shellebee you can use the link below.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

hope that helps
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Im curious about this too.. i have zumba on the wii and it tells me how many calories ive burned but im sure its wrong!! I am also starting a class on monday and i want to make sure its going to be worth it!
  • landgrimtham1977
    Options
    Im curious about this too.. i have zumba on the wii and it tells me how many calories ive burned but im sure its wrong!! I am also starting a class on monday and i want to make sure its going to be worth it!

trust me when I say i'm not the only one going to tell you it is worth to zumba~ :)
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did wii zumba today and added it to my exercises. I wore a HRM and it wasn't that much for 30 mins - about 110 cals for me.
    I should add Zumba itself burns a lot more - just not on the Wii! I think I logged 700 for a 90 min class a few weeks back.
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thanks landgrimtham! that website is great. Im excited for zumba now!
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

hope that helps

Thanks soo much this helps me a lot. I've seen on MFP people talking about doing Zumba off of youtube. I can't wait to check it out and add it to my weekly excercise. Plus I have the BEST work out partners (while my son is at school) my 5 month old and 3 yr old daughters!
  • landgrimtham1977
    Options
    thanks landgrimtham! that website is great. Im excited for zumba now!

your welcome. glad to add another into the zumba family lol
  • landgrimtham1977
    Options

hope that helps

Thanks soo much this helps me a lot. I've seen on MFP people talking about doing Zumba off of youtube. I can't wait to check it out and add it to my weekly excercise. Plus I have the BEST work out partners (while my son is at school) my 5 month old and 3 yr old daughters!

haha same too. my two daughters 6 & 2 dances with me when i use my PS3 for zumba. Sometime they beg me to play the zumba game by themselves so it is fun to watch.
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I been wanting to do it ever since going to a class. But I didn't feel comfortable doing it in front of other people. I felt like a newborn baby giraffe all over the place! So I just didn't go back. But it would be fun to do it at home
  • landgrimtham1977
    Options
    I been wanting to do it ever since going to a class. But I didn't feel comfortable doing it in front of other people. I felt like a newborn baby giraffe all over the place! So I just didn't go back. But it would be fun to do it at home

maybe u can juz try it at the comfort of your own home 1st with some basics. those games teaches it, when u r more confident then try it with a group. I find that takes away the bordom, add zest and will be more motivated since there are always someone worst or better then u. Key to bear in mind is the objective is to loose weight and have fun doing it. :):)
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic I burn about 870 calories in a 60 min class I am a bigger girl so will burn more but its such a good workout.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

hope that helps

• Makeda1211
    Options
    I can tell you from experience that Zumba is a very sneaky way of getting a great calorie burn and getting in the toning as well. I started off at 277 and with my current weight, I burn upwards of 929 calories in one 60 minute class. So, I would say get it in. You will be looking at the clock an hour in and wondering where all of the time went. I am completely addicted and go to class four days a week along with weight training before class.
  • Makeda1211
    Options

maybe u can juz try it at the comfort of your own home 1st with some basics. those games teaches it, when u r more confident then try it with a group. I find that takes away the bordom, add zest and will be more motivated since there are always someone worst or better then u. Key to bear in mind is the objective is to loose weight and have fun doing it. :):)

Don't worry about that part of it. If you are moving, you are doing it right. It comes with time. I can guarantee you that no one around you is looking at you as they are trying to get the moves themselves. Go, let loose and enjoy the burn.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    where can i gt some links to do Zumba plz?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I did it the other night..I'm the most unsexy person doing it...I can't really wiggle my hips sexily..I'm rubbish! But it was fun.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I add Zumba manually and use this heart rate based calorie calculator to determine how many calories I burned:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

:smile:
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way to know is to invest in a HRM. I've been doing Zumba since June and every class is different so my calorie burn is different as well. I've ranged from 500 to 900 for a 60 minute class. Of course the more you use your arms and "go big" the bigger your calorie burn will be. Keep with it and have fun!!
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it at around 540 calories for 60 minutes. Someone in my class has a monitor and they said it is more like 900....that seems a lot though!!!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    HRM is the most accurate. But there is that site that you can calculate based on your weight/time/intensity. Zumba class - do high intensity. Zumba wii - do low intensity. I go to Zumba classes once - twice a week and I burn anywhere from 700-900 in a 60minute class. Last week I burned 1,018!! When I was using that site before I got a HRM, it only told me 600 something so I used to log 600 each class, and obviously I'm burning way more than that. Zumba wii is a lot lower for me than a class of course.