Zumba for Kinect or Wii

Options
How many of you use Zumba for the Kinect or Wii?

I have both a Wii and Kinect and I was thinking of buying Zumba as I enjoyed the exercise when in school, but a friend of mine said it wasn't worth it. However, she is in very good shape whereas I am not....So, I figured I'd ask other people in the same boat as me!

Is it worth it? Or not?
And, if you do use it, what about is the calorie burn for you?

Replies

• SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Rush for Kinect and love it. I dont use it for my regular workout just once and a while when i need to get something in but cant make it to the gym or dont want to run. But it makes me sweat! lots of programs so there are different fitness levels.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba (I forget which one) for the Kinect, and I don't think it's worth it.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Having NEVER taken a Zumba class or done any of it before, I bought the game for wii figuring I would be able to figure out the moves and have a good time with it without making a fool of myself in front of a class full of people.

Boy was I WRONG! I gave up on it, honestly. However, if you know some of the moves already from having been in Zumba classes, you may find it better than I have. Right now, it's sitting in my game cabinet as a waste of money.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have all three as well as Zumba Core on the Wii.... I love it!!! when I can't get to the gym I use it all the time....
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have it for Wii, just started using it this week! It's fun and really gets you moving! My muscles are actually a bit sore today :) I usually burn 150-200+ cals for 20 minutes sessions. It really depends on how much you put into it. Definitely a good workout. And it's fun that it has beginner, intermediate, expert levels so you can progress. It even has a workout calender and you can build your workout week. It's a lot of fun and gets the job done. I would suggest it!

ps - have never tried Zumba before this week!
  • ktt_moddie
    ktt_moddie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use my Zumba Core for the WII, it has a section where it shows you the moves, so you can learn some of them before you start. I absolutely love it and as long as you do it it works.

The problem with it is that if you stnad still and shake the controller, it registers that you are doing a great job, you have to actually put the belt on and do the exercise.
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Core for Kinect and LOVE it!!!! I'm a licensed Zumba instructor and take classes regularly. It is easy if you already know some of the moves but I'm pretty sure each game has a section where it will break down moves for you. I think it's totally worth it!! On days I don't make it to the studio I use the game. I always wear my HRM when doing it and burn between 600 and 800 calories per hour workout.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba for both Kinect and Wii but I will say that Kinect is definitely a better workout because it actually registers all of your movements as where the wii only senses your hip motion so as long as you are on point with that you don't really have to move anything else....therefore not the best of workouts with Wii Zumba! I found this out when my little sisters cheated, they just moved their hips while we were playing and I was actually doing the routines and they still got great scores and really didn't move much.... so I would go with Zumba for Kinect! Hope this helped!
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    I have Kenect but I only have like the dance central and just dance games and they can work you out! I'd love to try zumba too I don't have them. I also have the WII and I'd like to get the fit board for it
  • MadameMoustache
    MadameMoustache Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba Fitness Core for Wii.
    Since I'm really self-conscious, I'm not able to dance in a Zumba class, but enjoy doing it at home.
    It's worth it, but has limits. Since you don't have a teacher with you, you can't get any real feed back on you technique. The game gives you your technique score, but it can't be accurate because what'S use to measure it is your Wiimote attached to your right hip. So the only movements really recorded are your hips movements.
    In my opinion, a live class is better, but doing it at home is better than not doing it.
    Be careful, because since you don't have a trainer, you are much likely to get hurt.

My calorie burn is between 200 and 267 calories for a high intensity short class, but then again it can't be really accurate. I don't have a HRM monitor, so I'm giving you what the game told me I'm burning.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as others have mentioned... I didn't know any of the moves going into it when I bought it on Kinect and the "training" is super short and most moves are only shown twice and very fast. I can't keep up with it and end up flailing and not doing moves that are supposed to burn calories.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I use it for Kinect and I have the Zumba but not the rush fit one. I do however want to get that one and JMs to add to my collections.

If I may, I would also suggest the Your Shape Fitness Evolved, the newer the better and it's actually pretty good. :)
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BTW the calories burned it will tell you is WAAAAAY to high for what you actually burn. if you want to know your calories keep track of your heart rate and calcualte it. even that is an estimate just go off of your exhertion level.
  • katerbees
    Options
    I think the Zumba ones are a little bit difficult even if you have gone to a zumba class. I do highly recommend the Dance Central series especially for the Kinect :)
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA,I started over an year ago going to classes BUT I dont like working out often with others and the $$$ wasnt worth it SO I started using zumba Wii and I lost weight and I even worked out during half of my pregnancy.AFter I had my son 4 months ago I bought the Wii Zumba Core for yself and I would not go back to the other at all.This one keeps track of everything you do from your calorie intake to your progress(days,weeks and months)the songs are nicer as well.I just choose the time I want to dance to and sweat my butt off.I never knew the moves but once you keep going daily you get the point.I workout daily for 44 to 64 minutes.This is well worth it,I have lost 43 pounds since giving birth and that is with this program as well(my fitness pal)give it a try and dont give up .
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Core for the Kinect and i honestly love it! I never did zumba before buying the game so the moves were a little difficult to follow at first but like with anything the more you do it the more you get it. This game makes me sweat buckets and kicks my butt! I dont see how this wouldnt be a good workout because it gets your heart rate up! I also love the music! Definately gets you pumped! My 4 yr old daughter loves it too! She likes to do the easier songs with me, esp the sugarplum fairy one.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA,I started over an year ago going to classes BUT I dont like working out often with others and the $$$ wasnt worth it SO I started using zumba Wii and I lost weight and I even worked out during half of my pregnancy.AFter I had my son 4 months ago I bought the Wii Zumba Core for yself and I would not go back to the other at all.This one keeps track of everything you do from your calorie intake to your progress(days,weeks and months)the songs are nicer as well.I just choose the time I want to dance to and sweat my butt off.I never knew the moves but once you keep going daily you get the point.I workout daily for 44 to 64 minutes.This is well worth it,I have lost 43 pounds since giving birth and that is with this program as well(my fitness pal)give it a try and dont give up .

Awesome job!! Congrats!!
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    I have Kenect but I only have like the dance central and just dance games and they can work you out! I'd love to try zumba too I don't have them. I also have the WII and I'd like to get the fit board for it

The Wii fit board is pretty awesome. I have it and I like it. I have the Biggest Loser game and the Wii Fit game, and the BL game makes me sweat. The Wii Fit game is fun for balance exercises and yoga. =]