Weight Watchers and MFP

Options
Anyone switch over to MFP from Weight Watchers? I've lost 40+ lbs on weight watchers. I'm currently looking to switch over. I've gotten started with MFP and really like some of the things on the site that are a little different from WW. Just wondering if anyone has had any set backs. I would continue WW if it didn't cost me $20 a month when this site is free and kind of does the same thing without the points.

Replies

• kimberlypazdera
    kimberlypazdera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just switched from WW to MFP. I really like it! I lost the majority of my 50 lbs on the old WW program (Before Points +) and MFP is so much like that plan.

Good luck to you!
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The two are not mutually exclusive. I have done ww in the past with success. Both are about logging consistently and eating healthy.

I used to think I needed to weigh in to be held accountable but as I've grown older I've realized I can do it without it.

On MFP I've been just as successful.

You can do it.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I did WW a long time ago...

MFP is a bit different as obviously it counts calories. WW (at least they used to) had "free" foods which this website doesn't... you count all your fruits and veggies.
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

MFP is a bit different as obviously it counts calories. WW (at least they used to) had "free" foods which this website doesn't... you count all your fruits and veggies.

Yeah i'm starting to think i'm needing to count those fruit and vegetable calories. I've been plateauing for a couple of months.
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just switched from WW to MFP. I really like it! I lost the majority of my 50 lbs on the old WW program (Before Points +) and MFP is so much like that plan.

Good luck to you!

Thanks! One of the things i like about MFP is that there are more choices when searching for certain foods. WW doesn't have generic foods as much, so there's more individual input than i would like. More time consuming.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Yeah i'm starting to think i'm needing to count those fruit and vegetable calories. I've been plateauing for a couple of months.

I never agreed with why WW made it so you don't count them... If you are getting the amount of fruit and veggies you need in a day it can amount to hundreds of calories.