Hi I'm Jill!

Options
Hi! I'm new to myfitnesspal. My name is Jillian and I'm 24 years old. I just weighed myself before registering on here and I almost burst into tears. I currently weight 226lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been. I've struggled with my weight since I was about 17 when I began to develop a series of medical conditions. My health is continuing to get worse as my weight does and I need a change but for some reason I just can't get motivated. Motivate me please!! I need all the help i can get!!! Thanks for listening to me ramble!

Replies

• TCondor
    TCondor Posts: 88
    Options
    Welcome Jillian,

Fret not. We're here for you. I've been starting and stopping for years but since joining MFP I've been consistently improving my health, eating habits and weight. And it's mostly because of the support and friends on the site. They'll cheer you on when you are doing well and pick you up when feeling down.

Since joining I've dropped below 200 for the first time in about 6 years and am starting to fit into clothes I haven't worn in a long time.

I hope you find MFP as inspiration as I have. Step by step we're all traveling this road together.

I'll send a friend request your way if you are interested.

Peace -- TC
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Oh honey - we have all been there!

Join our group of love!
  • arbogak52
    arbogak52 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Joining is a good start! Having friends on here has really helped keep me motivated. Feel free to add me.
  • meagenmeyer
    Options
    Hey Jill my sister introduced me to this program and I am super excited to get started! Im praying for you that you will have the strength you need to make great choices with your food and excercise from now on getting healthy and happier all along the way!
  • FitnessWithaTwist
    Options
    Hey Jill,

I am always down to motivate..comment on stats and just make this all a fun game! That's how determined i am. i have lost 10lbs in a month and a half and You can ADD me up!
  • gogogurl2002
    Options
    Hello Jill,

Welcome to MFP. I know for myself I was daunted when I steeped on the scale and it said I was 221. It can be stressful but I found MFP to be helpful so far, it is a very supporting group. especially if you don't have friends and family on board with you it will keep you going. I found breaking into 3 month sections to be helpful. Have fun with your diet and exercise, and just laugh when it gets rough because each day you will get better. You are very pretty and you can do more than you think!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm Jhill too (H is silent) ALSO I'm 24 hahahah!!! Welcome :)
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Jill, you're a beautiful girl. Be happy that you haven't waken up at 44, wondered where the years went and why you're suddenly 263#. Luckily I always carried my weight well, but nonetheless it was hard on my body and my health. You're young and you every chance in the world to change this now, as I still do. We can all do this together with each others help and shoulders. I'm finally almost down to where you're starting and almost twice your age; but I feel alive like I haven't felt in several years and my health is improving daily.

Please feel free to add me.

Anyone.

Good luck on your journey. Ours are all individual and therefore unique, while we share similar struggles. Chin UP!