Why does it bother me when..

Options
2»

Replies

• mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "Supposably" Arrgghh!

HAHAHA.. I was reading this and was like "I wonder what really annoys me" and then I read this and I have a friend who says this and I have to bite my tongue all the time! She sounds like a 5 year old!! I always type my posts in a word document and then cut and paste so I don't make mistakes..
  • mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I work for a college and my business card said "Acdemic Adivsor" instead of "Academic Advisor".. the thing is, the cards go through THREE, count 'em, THREE, people before they are sent to the printer..
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    No offense, but there have been so many topics on this subject...it gets old...

and no matter how many topics on this subject, people will continue to misspell words.
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I wonder if those spelling errors that I see on THIS topic alone are facetious.
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm dyslexic, so I love these threads.

And, yes I can spell. I know how to spell a lot of words... just when I write or type them, they come out all wonky.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    My grandfather was a typesetter for a newspaper. Back in the 50's and 60's. They really set type back then. No such thing as computers. He used to take me to work with him. I'm sure he is the one that instilled the need to spell correctly in me.

He used to make the grocery list out and have me check it out for him. Used to bait me with stuff like BRED, Oreng Juce, etc.

Didn't realize how much of an impact he had on me or how much I missed him until I typed tthis.