Everyday.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Like on my SO?
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a cheat day, you fail! just one meal does not hurt as long as you are getting a workout in that day as well
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't do a cheat day, but I have been going out to eat about once a week. I try very carefully to still count all the calories to my best estimate and stay in my daily goal, but those are days when I guess I "cheat" on the macros and don't worry about servings of veggies, etc. In my normal eating though, I still have pasta, dessert, pizza (homemade), etc. I just have only one serving.
  • bmeek530
    Options
    I wish I could. I've tried planned cheats and it ends with me throwing in the towel. It's like my body says "Oh yeah! THAT's how I want to eat...please continue!" So I gave up on cheats. It leads me down a nasty path. For those of you that can, that is awesome and I am jealous! ha!
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    No set days but I do once a week. Depends on my mood also if I'm cheating with 1 meal or entire day. Im such a sucker for Filipino, Korean & Japanese food so you can count on me having rice that day. I still keep the portions small though because my stomach cant take all that much anymore :-)

Happy cheat day!
  • bensmom912
    Options
    Sundays are my cheat day :) I still go to the gym and work out but I don't beat myself up if I have a little extra gravy on my potatoes!! And it's key to not deprive yourself or you will derail. Moderation has always worked the best for me :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Lately every day is a cheat day for me. :sad:
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat". I'm not on a diet. I just live. I try to find balance, but I refuse to give that kind of negative connotation to something I want to eat. Nor do I have any desire to feel a sense of guilt over enjoying a really good *whatever*.
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't because I find cheating to be the wrong mentality for me - I will eat everything I can at my cheat meal and then sulk about not getting to cheat again the next day (and soon it becomes a daily cheat...). It just doesn't work for me. I prefer to eat just a very little bit of a non-diet food occasionally (like this week I had one french fry from my husband's plate and that was enough for me) and then plan a special meal out where I can have a diet-friendly portion of a more indulgent food. I'm trying to make it to Valentine's Day before I have one of those meals. I haven't felt deprived so far, so I guess it's working.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tried the cheat day thing but i had no sense of control at the beginning of this journey, so i would end up binging. Now i just focus on hitting my macros and calories. I eat chocolate every day. But this ifs a lifestyle change and of cheat days work fore you, then have them.
  • aryya
    aryya Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1 planned 'guilt-free' meal per week. if you don't have the willpower to get back on track after that one meal, i would say don't do it until you are at the point you do have the willpower.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't consider what I am doing to be a diet. Those have never worked for me in the past. So, I don't have a cheat day per say, but I did not eliminate anything from what I eat, just don't eat some things as much as I used to. I may eat fast food (no fries) once a week, or something, but I don't go over my cal limit. When I eliminated anything from my diet, my cheat days would be gross over indulgences of those things which I eliminated, normally making me feel sick.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Yep!

M husband and I usually go out for dinner once a week, I get whatever I want and don't worry about calories.

And during the week, if I want chocolate, I eat that, too!

Hasn't hindered my goals :)
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have one or 2 **** up days of the week that I need to eliminate
  • bmeek530
    Options
    1 planned 'guilt-free' meal per week. if you don't have the willpower to get back on track after that one meal, i would say don't do it until you are at the point you do have the willpower.

This. Hopefully I will have the will power when I get further in!
  • teamrippedmember34
    Options
    Cheat days are an Absolute No! No! a "cheat meal" is a set-up...I hear from people all the time about over eating and when I speak in detail with them I almost find one thing every single time! They have regular "cheat meals" I am by no means here to condemn anybody, but sometimes the thought of "one of this wont hurt me" is wrong and extremely counter productive.

When you have a cheat meal you take many days of intense workouts and clean eating and flush them down the toilet! The average "cheat meal" sets you back at least 3 days of progress. That to me is unacceptable! Thus the reason I just don't do it. Not because I can't bounce right back, but because I work too hard to step backwards.

Also most "cheat meals" are either deep friend, super high fat, or sugar or all three. Why is this relevant? Well all that " mindless" eating is caused from one thing most times and that is refined sugars. If you detox your body of refined sugars you will not even "crave" the junk that you used to eat. Just sayin...I know I don't.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No, I don't do cheat days.

I get really bad cravings sometimes, usually I can get them to go away by drinking water, distracting myself etc. But sometimes (1 week out of the month) If I don't get what I want I literally turn into a grizzly bear with an insatiable appetite. I try to distract myself, I try to eat a snack, I am sorry, but carrots are NOT oreos. So during the day at work, if I am still craving whatever by the time I go home I will give in and eat it. 1 portion, and usually that makes me happy enough stop being all bear like. I get the snack pack in the checkout line, do an extra bit of cardio and call it a day and continue on with my healthy eating.

I tried the "Wait till whatever day" technique and I almost shanked my husband over ice cream.
  • JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a "cheat day", however, sometimes I'll treat myself with a "cheat snack" that way I don't ruin my whole day. Like today, worked out ate good all day, then had a couple cookies after dinner :P
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are an Absolute No! No! a "cheat meal" is a set-up...

This. I don't really see the point in it. If I've already decided I can live without it then I don't need to eat it once a week as a cheat meal. This method might work for some people but I guarantee it plays a big part in why many people fail. Change your lifestyle to something you can maintain, then you don't need to cheat because every day is comfortable and you don't view each day as a struggle.