Swap Party

Options

Replies

• basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What clothes do you swap, the ones you wear there??? I'm not sure how it works, but I am more familiar with the other kind!!!! LOL
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    darn.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Not entirely misleading... sometimes there is clothing and *cough* accessories swapped at the "more interesting" version...
    lysol.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    so did everyone come in here for the swinging?

... well I did
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was SO excited by the title of this post and then SO disappointed when I clicked on it. <SIGH>

Also disappointed *pout*
  • smileyyogini
    Options
    Ha! Happy Freaky Friday.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    so did everyone come in here for the swinging?

I did.. *throws keys in the bowl*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    To freaking funny. I didnt know that the swingers called it a swap party.

Well actually we don't or at least I don't. We just call it a swinger or lifestyle party.
    Well I think everyone here is remembering something called a "key swap" party from the 70's or a "wife swap" show from recent television. Swap is such a loaded term I guess. I always think of Swap Meet, even when getting a clothing swap invite and shy away a little due to that idea of knockoffs, damaged wares, or things stolen off a truck.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Oh. Clothes.... right ...

*putting coat back on, digging keys out of the houseplant by the door*
  • LusciousLady
    LusciousLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OMG...LOL...Had me thinking anything can happen on My Fitness Pal :noway: . But I personally haven't been to one but I think clothing and accessories would be good.
  • 1MariaChristina
    1MariaChristina Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about hosting a Swap Party. I have been to one in the past and it was a lot of fun. I am planning on doing clothing and accessories. Has anyone hosted one before? And do you have any tips or suggestions? thanks
  • 1MariaChristina
    1MariaChristina Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Im a perv lol bc I had the same idea as everyone else apparently bahahahaha! But a swap idea for clothing is a GREAT Idea!
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've got no one to swap. Can I still go?
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It is so funny the amount of disappointed people on this thread....sounds like someone needs to make private group for you all...:smokin:

I just came in look for ...ummmm....well...look an eagle <runs away>:blushing:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Damn. Got all excited for nothing. :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Title is misleading. :angry:
    Hahahahaha. NO it's not. That's what that means. Just usually the invite says "Clothing Swap" on the front.

LOL anyways, I think a good guideline might be designer duds only, or limit by sizes, or season we are heading into or something along those lines. Like for instance it could be the theme like "Spring Fling Clothing Swap". Or "Weather Together: Winter Clothing Swap". I thought of having one for kids costumes for halloween once and thought of charging a nominal like 1-3 dollar donation just so the biggest kid who showed up would have a way to get a costume with the combined money since the largest person would obviously have nothing to choose from. Just an idea if your theme is weight loss or sizes oriented.

Have a little bit of food or refreshments at least, not the focus but just to entice people on the invite and to keep everyone from going hungry and wanting to leave too fast at the event. It's just better that way.

NOTE: This should go without saying but if there were somehow to politely mention that people should bring laundered clothing only! I was dismayed once when an in law gave me a bag of baby clothes just as hand me downs thinking she was doing me this major favor, and opened it to find dog hair all over everything. Kind of gross and needless to say I did not use those baby clothes. Some people just need to be told. Probably should also describe the event clearly on the invite exactly how it works in a few short sentences since this post's replies indicate it's not that straightforward for a lot of people.

IMPORTANT: If someone shows up and throws their keys in a bowl by the door, EXPLAIN IMMEDIATELY!
  • holzjw1482
    holzjw1482 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Something tell me I should FR all the excited girls replying here!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    So at the least I will know to be very specific on the invitations as to what type of "swap" party I am hosting. ;)
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    So at the least I will know to be very specific on the invitations as to what type of "swap" party I am hosting. ;)

I can only imagine how awkward it will be if you don't.