all that are 5'7"

Options
ok, i'm 5'7" i started at 226lbs. medium frame. now i'm 169.2 i want to get to 126lbs. is that too small for me or what. i just want to know, what is the weight everyone wants to get to, to make them feel great and look great at. because part of my family and my man said i should stop, but i still have problems with my stomach, thighs, butt. i'm losing weight and inches all over. to me i still like to loose. pleas let me know what your ideas or input or goal.

Replies

• ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Im 5'7" medium frame and want to get to 135-140....for me personally 126 would be to thin and probably impossible to maintain. I am at 150 now, but was down to 143 a few weeks back and from that point of view 140 would be good for me (Im 41, Ive had 3 pregnancies, 4 kids).
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I would be happy just being 159! I don't think I would want to go below 145 at this point. I guess I'd have to see what I look like
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 5'6 1/2" with a small to medium frame but fairly muscular. I prefer my weight to be in the 130-135 range. %body fat has a lot to do with how much lean mass you have. If you are hoping to increase your muscle mass, I'd say 126 is too light.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 5'6 1/2" with a small to medium frame but fairly muscular. I prefer my weight to be in the 130-135 range. %body fat has a lot to do with how much lean mass you have. If you are hoping to increase your muscle mass, I'd say 126 is too light.

Seconded. I'm aiming for a very solid, muscular 135-145. I'm currently in the neighborhood of 150, and pretty darn happy. At this point, I want to lower my body fat %, not necessarily my weight.

Every body is different, but don't be married to a "magic number"...especially one that's pretty low for your height. That is a one-way-ticket to frustration town, IMHO.:flowerforyou:
  • christinagriffith
    christinagriffith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 125, I have been 123 and very toned but that weight was just not maintainable for me.
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing, where/when should I stop? I'm 5'7" medium frame,....I'm going for 150-155. I suggect you wait until you get to155 and see how you look, if at 155 you're not happy, try 150...etc. only you know what you want to look like but 126 is too thin...
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1", medium frame and my target weight is 130. At 5'7" I think 126 might be a bit small!!

Check this link out, it might give you an idea of what to shoot for?

http://www.self.com/health/2008/01/find-your-happy-weight
  • amillionmegs
    amillionmegs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almost 21 years old, about 5'7 and last year I was 153lbs. I started MFP at 142lbs and I was "fine" then, I'm just trimming down so I feel better about fitting into a bridesmaids dress (aiming for 135, hoping for 130!) I don't think I could make it to 126lbs without feeling hungry all the time and guilty for eating something bad lol. You could definitely do it, and youre still in a healthy BMI range, but it might be hard to maintain. Once you reach a weight you are satisfied with, I think you will know :) Focus more so on inches rather than weight after you are happy with what you see!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and right now I'm tring to maintain at 150-155, I still look down and "see only fat" but I think I will do that no matter what wieght i am. Good luck!
  • jessicakesler
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have hovered around 125 before. During my senior year of high school, I was incredibly athletic (cheerleading, gymnastics, dance) and that helped out a lot. I ate like a maniac. Now (still at 5'7") I weigh in at about 145ish. I've gained weight due to a medication change, but my happy weight is about 135-138. At this weight, I don't diet and I only workout moderately. My family and high school friends now tell me that I looked too thin my senior year, and while I disagree, I know that 125 is unrealistic for me. It was definitely a lifestyle that I was living. So I think it really depends on your body and what you seem to hover around.
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with a medium build frame. I was very happy when I was 145, five years ago. I would like to get back to that weight plus be more fit and toned. I don't think I'd like to be below 140, especially since i hope to have more muscle this time. I can't imagine weighing 126 on my frame.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'4" and I'm pretty sure I'd be disgustingly skinny/sickly at 126! But I'm muscular & have a large frame.
    My best friend is 5'7" and she look/feels her best around 155.

Everyone is so different
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Of course not every 5'7" female is the same, but at one point I was around 153# and still had more body fat to lose. Currently weighing 172# and my goal is to get down to 145#. Once I reach that goal, I will re-assess. I know that for me, 126# is probably very unattainable, especially since I love to lift heavy weights. I think 145 will put me right around where I need to be to feel good and still feel strong at the same time.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and at my lowest adult weight, I was 140. People told me I was too thin. I didn't see it b/c I was just looking at numbers. When I got up to 150, the too thin comments stopped.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I say I'm 5'8" but really am just over 5' 71/2" and 126 would be too light for me. I have a medium build. My good weight is around 145. I have been 130 when I struggled with some eating issues, and I'm not about to go there again.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I would like to get to 150 lbs. That is in the healthy range for me and I think i would look BOMB DIGGITY at that weight. I carry my weight very different though. A lot of people think that I weigh less than what I weigh now.. When I tell them I'm 170, their like "WHA?!"

Ultimately, you are the judge. If you think you look good at 150 lbs then stop. If your not satisfied, then keep going.. It all up to you and what you want to see in the mirror. Good luck with your journey!:drinker:
  • pixiepandora
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my target weight is 133... I may be aiming a bit low but I think I'd be happy with that weight. I definately wouldn't want to be much lighter than that though xx
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and at my lowest adult weight, I was 140. People told me I was too thin. I didn't see it b/c I was just looking at numbers. When I got up to 150, the too thin comments stopped.

I got down to just under 160 and was told I was to thin. I am 5ft 7.5" and I was wearing a size 4-6. I have a larger frame and I am muscular. Don't forget, muscles weigh more than fat so be careful with how much you lose. I know that weight loss can be addictive along with over exercising.

:)
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5'' and I am very athletic and toned at 155lbs. I only need to lose about another 10 lbs and I will be healthy and have little to no body fat. I thought 135lbs was a reasonable goal, but I don't think it's possible with my body type! Don't be so focused on a number. I know it's harder said than done! Just be healthy!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6 1/2" tall and weigh 151 lbs.. I want to weigh 133 lbs. That was my good weight several years ago. I averaged 141 lbs. for several years as well, but 133 lbs. would make me very happy. I have never worn anything smaller than a size 8, even at 133 lbs. I agree though, that 133 not fit pounds compared to 133 muscular pounds makes a big difference. I probably would have fit is smaller sizes if I had been more muscular since muscle takes up less space than fat.