The Color Run

Options
Have any of you participated in The Color Run? What are your thoughts on it? I just ran across it and thought it looked like a lot of fun...

http://thecolorrun.com/

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    The Color Run was my very first 5K and it was a blast :)
    I guess it holds a special place in my heart since it was my first....
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I want to do the one here in June but not sure if we'll be able to afford it. But I think it looks awesome and even wanted to do it last year but it sells out really fast and I was too late. So, if you decide to do it, buy your ticket fast! :flowerforyou:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The Color Run was my very first 5K and it was a blast :)
    I guess it holds a special place in my heart since it was my first....

Exactly this. It was my first and it was so fun! It's a fun and laid back run and a giant party at the end.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I did it last summer and LOVED it. It's not timed so it's all for fun. It's a great first 5k because it's all about having fun. Let me put it this way, you'll regret it if you don't do it. =) The stuff does stain your hair though, so I would suggest wearing a bandana or something on your forehead / hair.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I want to do the one here in June but not sure if we'll be able to afford it. But I think it looks awesome and even wanted to do it last year but it sells out really fast and I was too late. So, if you decide to do it, buy your ticket fast! :flowerforyou:

Sign up for Groupon if you haven't already. They send out major discounts on registration fees from time to time. :smile:
  • Kelogik
    Kelogik Posts: 58
    Options
    I did the Color Run as my first 5k last year and LOVED it! Highly recommend it :)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    It was also my first 5K and it was so much fun. For a first timer, it was great beause it isn't about having the best finish time but rather having fun.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the one in my area in July. The actual date hasn't been released yet. Looks like a lot fun.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Ill be doing this run in Feburary with a friend of mine. I cant wait!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Signed up for April, can't wait!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    If you miss the Color Run, you can also check out Color Me Rad. Same concept. :smile:
  • pennyhowe
    pennyhowe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I and a couple of my friends are considering this as well. They have done more research on it than me but we all think it sounds like a lot of fun
  • TiffanyKinner
    TiffanyKinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It was AWESOME!!! It was raining when I did it, but it was still great! I recommend it!
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is my first time to hear about this. I just looked it up though, and oh my gosh it looks so fun! Makes me wish I had the money-- and transportation-- to do this!
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! I would love to drag my WHOLE family into this! I have a hubby and a 7 and 4 year old! I think we would all love it! :)
  • megd726
    megd726 Posts: 31
    Options
    I participated in one last summer. It was a lot of fun. The only downside was that I wasn't really able to run due to how crowded it was. I would definitely do it again and just plan to walk instead.
  • thestiltsofdeath
    Options
    Me and some roommates from college are doing it this year and I'm excited! I've seen photos and it looks amazing!
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm doing Color Me Rad which is similar to the Color Run. My first 5k EVER and I am NOT a runner!!! I am VERY nervous but very excited too!!!

www.colormerad.com
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I did it in Boston last year. It was AMAZING!!! I walked all buy the last 1/2 mile, but I still did it and that's what counts for me. But this year, I WILL run it!! :)
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    It looked like tons of fun but a little spendy for such a short run.