LOST WEIGHT WITH NO EXERCISE

Options

Replies

• sher71481
    Options
    Well this is great news because i have been watching my calories and staying within range but i can not exercise just yet as i am nursing a pinched nerve and on steroids for it. I can NOT wait to exercise but barely being able to walk to and fro is difficult in itself. My fiance is going to help me with strength and lifting a little bit but i was worried about not losing weight becaue i'm not getting in my cardio!
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I second that word!
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options
    I lost almost 60 lbs w/no exercise....all you end up with is a flabby smaller version of yourself and will most likely put the weight right back on with a rock bottom metabolism. This time I intend to do it the right way. I hate strength training but it's so important.
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Yes it's possible. I lost 54 pounds with barely any exercise. I had power walked maybe 10 times within 4 months. I'm just now starting to get into exercising. I had a friend that lost 150 pounds in a year simply by avoiding fast food and eating healthy. You look better though if you incorporate exercise and healthy eating also it'll drop even faster with exercise.
  • ddddanger
    Options
    It's possible, but way less efficient and not nearly as fun... why would you spend all this time lose weight and THEN toning up, when you could kill two birds with one stone? Plus you'll see results faster if you exercise. Exercise is not that bad people!
  • 3boysunder3
    3boysunder3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hope it is possible. Can't really do much exercise so kind of relying on the calorie deficit. Only just started but it's looking good =)
  • thisgirlhere
    thisgirlhere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You diet to lose weight, and look good in clothes.

you exercise as well to look good naked. ;)

You are the Yoda of dieting.
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wonder how long it took her to lose that? It might take longer without excersing.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Less weight... Still fat,out of Still shape, still not a healthy lifestyle. Sounds... unproductive,
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options

This!
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Actually it took her a 10 months and she was able to lose it all... She doesnt look nasty or anything so the comments about your body being ugly is not necessary.... She loves wearing tighter clothes now...lol... but really she looks nice...
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Preach.
    :DD
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The first 60 or so lbs of my weight loss was all diet, no exercise. Also, losing 163 lbs in 10 months? It's called gastric bypass or liposuction. There's no other way possible to lose that much weight in only 10 months.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    both times i have started off with little or no exersize at all and lost vast amounts of weight (+40lbs) ... but as I get lighter the urge to move gets stronger. I exersize because I like the way my muscles feel/toned but I watch my calories to lose weight.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes. Harder? For most people. Preferable? No- because we need the exercise (especially strength training) to tighten up our appearance. Really, the objective for most of us is to have a better appearance. Exercise is better but it can be done with only a calorie deficit... Just cannot eat as much as we can with the additional cardio.
  • dangerxbadger
    Options
    Also, muscle takes more calories to carry around than fat does, so exercising is like giving your body exponential power to get those pounds off faster. And it doesn't have to be anything fancy or crazy. Just getting your butt off the couch for 30 minutes a day to go for a walk will do it. Less in, more activity. It's a really simple formula, but it takes dedication, commitment and a drive to achieve. A lot of people don't have that.. Also, if/when your friend decides she's met her goal and goes back to eating the way she did before (because this sounds like a DIET and not a lifestyle change) she's going to pack all that weight back on PLUS some. Exercise AND diet change is the most effective way to create lasting changes...
  • shardonay91
    shardonay91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

love it
  • dangerxbadger
    Options
    The first 60 or so lbs of my weight loss was all diet, no exercise. Also, losing 163 lbs in 10 months? It's called gastric bypass or liposuction. There's no other way possible to lose that much weight in only 10 months.

163 pounds averaged out over 45-50 weeks (depending on the number of weeks in the month) is about 3.5-4lb a week. Which is totally possible, given that I've lost between 2-4lb a week for the past 2 months... I have been training like a mad woman and busting my *kitten*, but it's happening. So it IS possible.. just sayin.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If mere weight loss is your goal, exercise is optional.
    For peak fitness and optimal health, exercise is a must.
    Simple deal....
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I guess if you stay under your calories but you still wouldn't be getting the benefits of exercize beyond weight loss. For me, I need to exercize because without it I couldn't stay under my calorie goal, I like eating too much.