LOST WEIGHT WITH NO EXERCISE

Options
13»

Replies

• Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You diet to lose weight, and look good in clothes.

you exercise as well to look good naked. ;)
    Exactly!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The first 60 or so lbs of my weight loss was all diet, no exercise. Also, losing 163 lbs in 10 months? It's called gastric bypass or liposuction. There's no other way possible to lose that much weight in only 10 months.
    I've lost mine since I started here without either of those. Sorry to bust your bubble. 150 lbs since Feb of 2012.

And to the OP: It's possible, but less weight and being able to wear "smaller clothes" doesn't mean that the person you saw is stronger or more fit, just smaller than they were. Skinny-fat is possible/likely/probable if they didn't exercise.
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The first 60 or so lbs of my weight loss was all diet, no exercise. Also, losing 163 lbs in 10 months? It's called gastric bypass or liposuction. There's no other way possible to lose that much weight in only 10 months.

She had no lipo or gastric bypass.... I work with the lady and she has not missed any work...Sorry.... Her first few monthsd she cut out soda, chocolate, and chips.... She told us she would drink a 12 pack of pepsi a day....
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Exercising with a diet helps to maintain muscle mass as you are always at risk of losing muscle as you lose weight; it's the prefered method but not the only one. Sometimes you have to lose the weight through diet before you can exercise safely. If I had not had access to a pool to do low impact water workouts I would have only risked an injury at my starting weight.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If mere weight loss is your goal, exercise is optional.
    For peak fitness and optimal health, exercise is a must.
    Simple deal....

:flowerforyou:
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've seen that type of weight loss plenty of times with extreme diets suck as atkins or hormone diets but until you see how they look naked one could never really no.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Not to cause a ripple in the water, but i hate the excuse of "i just don't have time to workout" you MAKE time to work out and get healthier. I started working out at home using TurboFire and i had a 8 and 4 year old and 4 month old at home with me after i was done working at my full-time job for the day. Either commit to it or be content with doing it half-assed.
  • memea83
    memea83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great post...and lots of good advice...:0) Thanks for that...
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options

So true!!!!!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options

yes it is, I lost about 100lbs in about 6 months, I've kept it off ever since. however I did exercise though, starting off just walking and then built up.I have tight skin, no cellulite ....
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lost 50lbs in 3 months without ANY exercise.I even worked from home and rarely left the house because I had a broken foot.I was not flabby,or saggy....My Mom is 60 and she lost 60 lbs..she has no flabby skin at all...Its all in the genes I guess.

I do exercise now for heart health and endurance not for weight loss.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I guess if you stay under your calories but you still wouldn't be getting the benefits of exercize beyond weight loss. For me, I need to exercize because without it I couldn't stay under my calorie goal, I like eating too much.

Same here! I exercise to "up" my numbers so that I can eat more! :love:
  • princesspamelatransformation
    Options

^^^^^ my new motto

Mine three, Love That!!!

Mine too!!!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I would say while it is possible to diet without exercise, you should integrate some form of exercise. unless you have no time whatsoever, it promotes a healthier life, speed up weight loss and honestly, it energised you, makes you feel better about yourself and your body is a lot more sculpted.

also we are built to do exercise, not sit down for 12 hours a day in front of a computer.... any little bit of exercise really does wonders for your wellbeing
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It is very much possible to loose weight without doing extra exercise. I have lost quite a bit of weight with diet as the main mechanism and I am very pleased with the results.

As far as muscle mass is concerned there is a state of equilibrium where your body maintains enough muscle to support the activities you normally do and no more. Start making extra demands of your muscles and they get stringer in response. Stop doing something and they waste away as anyone who has been in a hospital bed will know. As you loose weight your body is easier to move around so generally moving around requires less muscle mass to achieve it so there will be a small reduction is muscle mass but this is not a problem, rather it is just your body being efficient.

If you want have a certain minimum level of musculature to look good by all means go to the gym to work on it but know that as soon as you stop it will quickly disappear again.