I have decided...

Options
that I'm going to start putting aside money every paycheck to go toward weight loss rewards... then once I need new jeans (please let it be SOON!!!) and bikinis :wink: I won't have to scrounge around, it'll already be there!! I'm starting this paycheck with the money I'm using to get my hair highlighted for meeting my first mini goal ... this is getting me SUPER excited to work hard!!!!

Last week sucked and I've gained back 4 lbs. and I'm still kind of in a bad habit rut right now but I'm TRYING to work hard to get this off and I think this will really help get my butt in gear. :happy:

Has anyone else done something like this?

Replies

• Prov_31mom
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I may start doing that myself!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself for each and every success. Having a little 'extra' set aside makes it that much easier! :flowerforyou:
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I haven't done it, but I need to. I want some WHITE jeans this year, and I found the perfect pair that are actually curvy and (surprisingly) long enough! Buuuuuuut, those puppies are big bucks. LOL
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. I've been working on trying to figure out good rewards that don't involve food. Sounds like you have a great one! Not only will you have cash, but you get the shopping too! Double whammy.

And congrats on the loss thus far :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. I've been working on trying to figure out good rewards that don't involve food. Sounds like you have a great one! Not only will you have cash, but you get the shopping too! Double whammy.

And congrats on the loss thus far :)

Yeah! I used to hate clothes shopping but now I know how to dress myself (lol) and now that I'm losing weight, it's so much more fun!!! :happy: I love it.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea...whatever keeps you motivated! I haven't set up any rewards for myself yet. However, I had a pair of jeans that I bought weeks ago and hadn't broken in yet... so I went back to the store and exchanged them for a pair 2 sizes smaller. I figured that this would be an incentive to lose weight.
  • aippolito1
    Options
    That's awesome! Definitely set up rewards for yourself!! I didn't set mine up until I was past 10 lbs so I just made it for 20 lbs and then each goal after that 10 lbs less... and it keeps me organized and on track. I know how much time I have to lose a certain amount and if I don't make it, I don't make it. No big deal but it makes my workouts harder and eating a little more challenging so as to keep me in line! It's working so far...
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That is such a great idea! That way you will be able reward yourself as soon as you hit your goals! :drinker: I'm planning on having my belly button pierced in 2 days since I've lost this weight! I'm excited but scared!!!:blushing:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    That is such a great idea! That way you will be able reward yourself as soon as you hit your goals! :drinker: I'm planning on having my belly button pierced in 2 days since I've lost this weight! I'm excited but scared!!!:blushing:

Make sure you go to a good place. I had mine done at some gift shop at the beach. Yes, dumb, but I was like 18! haha Anyway, the guy told me to put Neosporin on it and stuff, which you DON'T do. (If it gets infected, soak belly button in warm epsom salt and wash with antibacterial soap, fyi) Needless to say, it was the worst piercing I've gotten. Had I gone to a tattoo parlor, it would have been sooooo much better. In the end, I'm glad I have it. The jewelry is fun! :)
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to do Itunes for rewards....and each week I'd buy a few tunes to motivate me to work out more. 1 song = 1 lb or $10 itunes card for 10 lb. loss. Made it fun and helped my workouts.
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i want to try and save my cash for my next tattoos haha i am thinkin about startin my sleeves orrrrrrrrrrr going and get side pieces done...its a tough decision lol
  • aippolito1
    Options

That's awesome! I go back and forth on whether I want one... I'd have to have a completely flat stomach before I got one - and I'm kind of thinking about it!!! :wink: And I definitely agree with tropicalkitty. Definitely go somewhere reputable, STATE certified/licensed and clean. It should smell like a doctor's office when you walk - not even kidding.
    I used to do Itunes for rewards....and each week I'd buy a few tunes to motivate me to work out more. 1 song = 1 lb or $10 itunes card for 10 lb. loss. Made it fun and helped my workouts.

That's an awesome idea!!! I just got an iTunes gift card for my bday so I've got about all the work out music I need for now... will definitely keep that in mind, though!!
    i want to try and save my cash for my next tattoos haha i am thinkin about startin my sleeves orrrrrrrrrrr going and get side pieces done...its a tough decision lol

Ohhhh yeah. My final reward is another tattoo. It'll probably be something small just 'cause I'm so cheap, lol... but I'm excited!!
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos! and i think the cheapest one i got was 150 haha thats the tatt on my chest