No I didnt Cheat or Lie

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    People always seem to think that there has to be something OTHER than diet, exercise, will power and discipline to be successful. Probably because those would require effort, and they'd rather take a magic pill.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    people suck, i'm really sorry they have done this, i know how much it would upset me :(
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Its terrible that you are getting abuse from people when you doing well...keep up your good work and use it as inspiration. They will stay how they are as it takes true determination, work and pure hard graft to achieve a goal!

Stay positive and keep strong!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Awesome job. Don't listen to the haters.
    Like you all I've done is work out, watch the calories and have a couple of cheat days from time to time :)
    23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    overweight people can be mean ..it is because they're so unhappy being stuck in a fat suit. I am that way..find i'm much nicer and kinder to the world when i look my best. I realize that and keep my fat monster at bay. Those poor fatties are just jealous. Congrats on your loss and new found way of life. I find it inspiring.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Ugh I feel you...I actually had someone at work ask me which diet pills (Yes, plural) I was on.
    I told them it was the cook at home and Gold's Gym pill.

Like someone who had a blood pressure of 157/131 could even handle a diet pill. e.e
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    People are like that, it's a shame.

That's the thing about weight loss though...... you get the results you get from the work that you do.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    You are doing great; ignore the hate. I lost 95 pounds in 10 months through major portion control (no more starving children in the world because of me) and tons of exercise. Most people are upset that I can't give them a magic elixer but you might be surprised by the ones that you don't even know you have motivated. Keep up the great work!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    You look amazing! I love how you use negative comments for motivation! We should all do that!!!!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    I dont understand why they think its impossible to shed 36 lbs & gain muscle in 8 months. Its not like you did it in 3!

I kinda did. Well, it was 35 pounds and about 4 months. lol. I'm going to post my story with before/after pics when I reach my goal weight which should be in a week or two.

People think I'm doing something drastic or magical to get these kind of results. When I tell them what I did, people seem almost disappointed. They seem mildly curious about the cool tech of MFP but that's about all. I had one guy actually say to me, "So you're basically counting calories and working out? Ugh... yuck."

For me it hasn't been that difficult. I enjoy working out. I haven't been starving myself, just making necessary choices to stay under my goal. I wish I had done this years ago.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Haters gonna hate. You did a good job and you know that, that's all that matters.
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    So cheating and lying are not allowed in MFP....
    Man I'm closing my account tomorrow..

Who gives a rat's *kitten* what some d*ck says when your results are so awesome, specially if their arguments are that your methods "don't work".

Ive lost 36 lbs in 3 1/2 months... ive starved myself, done intermittent fasting, have overworked my body fasted, have low carbed and gone to bed hungry, and it rocks cause im getting the body I want, and cause im going to do anything to get it... take crap from someone who doesnt have to wear my fat shoes every day telling me it is wrong? *kitten* them and their opinion. We are worth being awesome..

Awesome job you inspired me to fast an extra hour, and work an additional workout tonight... if anyone doesn't think this is OK well too bad, cause results rock!!!
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    I had one guy actually say to me, "So you're basically counting calories and working out? Ugh... yuck."

What an idiot. People love hearing about the newest miracle quick fix, but if any of those worked they wouldn't need to keep coming up with new ones.
  • Lions don't lose sleep for the opinions of sheep. Let them haters hate.

hells yeah! I love haters, lets me know I'm doing it right :)
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    You've done great and when I look like a new person in 3 months I WISH SOMEONE WOULD!:smokin: *kitten* just can't be happy for someone's success......
    CONGRATS !!!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Haters gonna hate !

Congrats on your sucesses !
  • tlm1979xx
    tlm1979xx Posts: 1 Member
    Kudos to you.. great job !!
    And it is most definitely possible .. especially if you want it bad enough and truly work for your goal.
    My husband has lost 55 pounds in the last year just by changing his eating habits and working out 5 days a week.
    So he is my motivator and I am on day 5 and have already lost 3 pounds. So you put in the work you will see the results.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Congratulations to you people can be sooo rude
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Kudos to you! Love this post.

I too find rude comments to be even more motivating to keep doing what I'm doing. I've been asked what drugs/pills I'm on - that's my favorite. As if it's easier to believe that I would do drugs than to eat right, count calories, and exercise.

Those kinds of comments motivate me to add just another five minutes of sweat to my workout.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    So cheating and lying are not allowed in MFP....
    Man I'm closing my account tomorrow..

Who gives a rat's *kitten* what some d*ck says when your results are so awesome, specially if their arguments are that your methods "don't work".

Ive lost 36 lbs in 3 1/2 months... ive starved myself, done intermittent fasting, have overworked my body fasted, have low carbed and gone to bed hungry, and it rocks cause im getting the body I want, and cause im going to do anything to get it... take crap from someone who doesnt have to wear my fat shoes every day telling me it is wrong? *kitten* them and their opinion. We are worth being awesome..

Awesome job you inspired me to fast an extra hour, and work an additional workout tonight... if anyone doesn't think this is OK well too bad, cause results rock!!!

I wanna be you when I grow up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!