THE BUTT! I don't want to lose it!

Options
2»

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Squats of all types, Deadlifts, lunges, glute bridges, heavy olympic lifts like squat cleans/thrusters,etc. and Kettlebell training will help you maintain and even build some mass, but you can also prevent a flat butt with the right type of cardio.

Hit the stair machine, walk/run on an incline, do hill sprints, go hiking - the key is to challenge your glutes by not sticking to flat surfaces. Good luck!
  • deckerelle
    Options
    eh, it depends on what kind of butt you have. You know how some women have big boobs that are mostly actual breast tissue and they have big boobs even if they weigh 125 pounds? but other women only have big boobs if they are fat/obese....as soon as they lose the excess weight the big boobs go. Butts are like that. If you naturally have a big bum that is mostly butt muscle, you will still have a big bum when you are thin. But if you have a big bum that is mostly fat, you're going to lose much of it.

Squats help your booteh 'pop' in either case so...get to squatting! :happy:

:cry: :cry: :cry: That's all me right there. When I was 50 lbs lighter, I had neither- boobs nor butt. So my *kitten* will be doing plenty of stair climbs!! I don't want to lose it but i'd rather be healthy and put in a lot of extra work to get a muscly butt than a flab one!
  • lettyflores4444
    Options
    I STARTED USING MACA ROOT, BUT KEEP IN MIND U HAVE TO WORK OUT IF NOT U WILL GET FAT ON IT!!:yawn:
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I STARTED USING MACA ROOT, BUT KEEP IN MIND U HAVE TO WORK OUT IF NOT U WILL GET FAT ON IT!!:yawn:

do u take it rectally?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    eh, it depends on what kind of butt you have. You know how some women have big boobs that are mostly actual breast tissue and they have big boobs even if they weigh 125 pounds? but other women only have big boobs if they are fat/obese....as soon as they lose the excess weight the big boobs go. Butts are like that. If you naturally have a big bum that is mostly butt muscle, you will still have a big bum when you are thin. But if you have a big bum that is mostly fat, you're going to lose much of it.

:cry: :cry: :cry: That's all me right there. When I was 50 lbs lighter, I had neither- boobs nor butt. So my *kitten* will be doing plenty of stair climbs!! I don't want to lose it but i'd rather be healthy and put in a lot of extra work to get a muscly butt than a flab one!

Except lifting can help. With both.

Squats, deadlifts, and lunges can build and shape an otherwise "flat" bottom; there are hundreds of women on here who can attest to that.

To an extent, lifting can help perk up breasts, minimize "underbust," etc., all to give the illusion of firmer, larger breasts.

So, in other words: girl, you should lift.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts!! My butt as gone down with me but its still just as big.
  • deckerelle
    Options

Except lifting can help. With both.

Squats, deadlifts, and lunges can build and shape an otherwise "flat" bottom; there are hundreds of women on here who can attest to that.

To an extent, lifting can help perk up breasts, minimize "underbust," etc., all to give the illusion of firmer, larger breasts.

So, in other words: girl, you should lift.

I don't know the first thing about lifting! This is a whole new ballgame for me girl. What would you all start with? or does it work like that.. halp.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Squat. Squat low and heavy.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!!! And running =) best butt everrrrr!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It's funny I stumbled on this thread, because I never thought I had much butt, but since I've lost weight and stopped being a pudgy square, I found it today! It's really there! And it even sticks out!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts

Yes. And then more squats and deadlifts.

Then do some lunges and back to squats and deadlifts
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    lunges and squats. running also does wonders for my hubby's A. lol
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    http://www.myomytv.com/the-glute-journey-glute-bridge-to-hip-thrust/ glute bridge wieghted bridge and hip thrusts !

I'm with you on that - I love my curves and hate to see them go but I can't be fat anymore- and to me a flat butt is worse then a fat butt so hopefully these will help :smile:

Love her so much. Delightful Irish accent. She's also a great kettlebeller. http://www.myomytv.com/category/beginners-corner/beginners-kettlebell-workouts/

OP, just go to her site and start with the beginner stuff and work your way up.
  • FitbitRed
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9btlc0wSP0Hu6dM_kqtZR6Xn3nyRZgQcQlUzjMgqQvWlYN4Pb3Q
  • lettyflores4444
    Options

do u take it rectally?

no I did not, why?