needing exercise ideas

Options
I tore my achilles tendon a few months back, requiring surgery. I am now out of a boot and walking with a cane. I was walking religiously before tearing the tendon and since being sendentary after surgery until basically now I ended up putting all my weight back on. I am looking for exercises or programs I can do without straining my achilles. Any suggestions are welcome. :o)

Replies

• SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head, a recumbent bike and NuStep would be a great start for cardio. And of course, almost all, if not all, selectorized weight machines are great. You could do the machines in a circuit format....1:30 at each machine and move to the next.

Let me know if you have any further questions! Feel free to PM me! :)
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool? Swimming is GREAT exercise!!! Good luck to you!
  • 2grlzmum
    2grlzmum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for you input ladies. I don't use the gym right now due to finances but I was able to tap into the Walk at Home videos over the weekend. They seem to be okay for me right now. They kick my butt and don't hurt the ankle. Win win in my view. I am signing up for the next session of swimming at the local rec centre as well.